Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got there at day break , bait fish everywhere saw no need to head to the Inlet except for the end result . 1 Trout , 1 Blue , 1 Sail Cat . Lot of action out on the water bait being busted up left and right . I guess the odds where againts me this Am with all the bait but there is always tommorow. :D Using live finger Mullet off the bottom .

Surf was a little dirty in my neck of the woods.:(

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Kozlow... When I saw INDIAN RIVER I thought you'd moved north to Delaware. Did you see Hat 80's post on the IRI (Indian River Inlet) Clean-Up? I'd love to catch one of those sail cats. Are they good eating? The fall run of big rock is just about to turn on up here on the Chesapeake. Nothing like catching a 30" striper out of skinny water on a top water.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Are they good eating?
Never tried them before only because the smaller ones don't have much to eat in them . But I was given some nice fillets by a friend of mine which came from some rather large sailcats. Saving them for the smoker . Will let you know how they turn out. There are so many other species I would rather dine on here in florida.
Just need them to except the dinner reservation I have made for them.:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts