Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
arrived around 7 am to find tide was already goin out.I fished the south side under the bridge.Had a couple bumps on a white bucktail/white worm,Fellow right beside me got a 36 inch bass.I decided to drift some sand flea/peelers in hopes of a sheepshead or one of pappys black drum only to catch a 8+lb tog....tog season is closed till 9/28.It was the largest mutant tog I have ever caught,hope he is around in october
a little rough on the outside of the inlet
probably goin to be rougher tommorow

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I know;I was there 2 weeks ago trying for the same fish and I got skunked but seen the guys with white buckets pull in some large Tog using little crabs they found in the rocks.I think the water dropped 5 degres around that time and the Drum left.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
8 lb tog! Now that is a nice one! I hope he is still around when we have the cleanup there.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
IRI

Nice tog! too bad the season is closed. What a beauty day ! I fished the point at Pot Nets Seaside yesterday..only caught 1 12" flounder on cut spot. I hope this weather holds for next weekend..plan top fish Roosevelt Friday 08/12/03..Tight lines..Murphman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts