Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out from 6-8pm tossing lures to see if th striper have moved in yet. No luck on th striper but did get a fat 14 1/2" gray trout. Couldn't remember th regs so released him. Checked when I got online an he was a keeper by 2 1/2". :mad:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Didn't know stripers show up at IF.....do they come down the river or do they come from the bay?? And......didja catch many last yr??....the R

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R, I aint a expert but I suspect that they would be from up river not th bay. I only got two dinks last yr an both on bait. Trying to expand into lure fishing more an IF is closer than Lynhaven. ;)

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
The fish earlier in the season are from the River. But late Nov thru March Ocean run fish can show up and Do. C&R after Dec 31st.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Cdog

I bought myself one of those vinyl type dressmaker's measuring tapes from "Dollar Tree" and marked off the size limits for regulated fish. I used masking tape as my marker so adjustments can be made if and when the regs change. Put a small rubber band around it to keep it from snaking all over the place. I try and keep it in the truck's glove compartment, for those times I don't have my cooler with the measuring lid with me.

Sorry you missed that tasty trout morsel. I'm feeling lucky. Now where exactly was it you said you released the fish and which direction was it heading in?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cloth measuring tape

Started using those awhile back. Been so long since I have caught a eating size trout(for me) that I hadn't paid attention to th regs. But for only 14+ in this was a fat trout. Woulda really kicked myself if I had caught a coulpa more th same size.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
The vinyl coated types are best. Makes em waterproof and the fish odor, slime, etc....can be wiped off easily. Helps em to last a long time. And keeps the flies out of the truck.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
lotta

fish stay around there if n im going bank fishn , that b my first choice to , had somtn hit a whole spot a few wks ago missed it but did get enough for dinner then headed to back bay got 4 really nice rocks long drive for me , but it was well worth it :D off th bank

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Inawe...if'en ya got enough fish at IF,why did ya go all the way to back bay????.......the R

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
slowd

up G , also wanted to see the damage done by th storm and , also to check on th fishn there also , but thanx for ya askn anyway :p

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Instead of starting another thread

Went back this afternoon from 4-5pm. Got one strike on a storm but got excited an jerked it outta his mouth before it got to th hook. :mad: Several people bait fishing but only saw two perch in a bucket.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts