Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit the local beach at daybreak this morning: Rising tide. I was disappointed with the long waits between activity. Only 3 hits in 3 hours using two poles, but it was fun.

Most bait pods were far from shore - out of my reach, at least. I was throwing live pinfish and finally got a big hit on the 10' pole. I only have 12 lb test but I had to tighten the drag when it started peeling hard. I saw a large fish jump just as my line broke. Looked like a 3+ foot tarpon but I couldn't say for sure.

While fixing my line something big hit my other pole and also broke loose before I could get to it. That's 0 for 2.

Finally, an hour later I had a good hookup on the big pole and after about a 15 minute tug-of-war I pulled in a 3+ foot sand shark. Had him in about 1 ft of water before he finally chewed through my leader. Saved me the headache of cutting it myself.

I'm gonna try again tomorrow. The river may have more action but I'll take a 3' shark over a few 15" trout every time..............

See you out there -

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey Mullet Wrangler
Which Beach you fishin at ? Just got back into town . Gonna try the river today see whats going on. Gotta get that Snook yet .:D

Take Care and Good Luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went down towards Wally World, between the hotels. I don't think that "beach park" has a name.

I guess it was beginner's luck yesterday. I went again this morning for 2-1/2 hours and didn't even get a nibble.
. No blues, no sharks, no reds, no snook, no Spanish.
Live mullet? Nothing!
Cut mullet? Nada!
Live menhaden? Zip!
Live pinfish? Blank!

I could see some sharks working the surf. The baid pods were in closer today. Still they wouldn't touch my line. And once the surfers started showing up, I gave up completely.

Gonna have to find a better beach. What are the directions to the shark pit?

I guess I should've gone to the river after all!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Here you go

Had these directions for someone else but you will get there .
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/ddResults.py?Pyt=Tmap&tarname=&tardesc=&osd=&newname=&newdesc=&dsd=&newHash=&newTHash=&newErr=&newTErr=&newFL=Use+Address+Below&newaddr=&newcsz=Orlando+Fl&newcountry=us&newTFL=Melbourne+BeachMelbourne+Beach+FL+32951us&newtaddr=&newtcsz=Melbourne+Beach+FL+32951&newtcountry=us&Submit=Get+Directions&stp=a&stx=&csz=

See if this works for ya after you get on A1A at the end of the directions you will continue south for approx 4 miles till you come to Publix on the right. After you pass publix about 1/4 mile start looking on your left and you will see places were you can pull off no signs posted do not go back into the sand unless you have 4 WD on board. Your there Good Luck

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Kozlow. I might give it a try this coming weekend...weather permitting........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts