Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ditto yesterdays catch of 3 Pomps and 1 whitting . Fished from Noon till 3 Pm . Used those brined clams again only caught 1 Pomp on a live sandflea . Talked to a old timer that was south of Melbourne Beach fishing the AM from Coconut Point to Bonsteel said thet were packed with anglers and they were not catching much this AM . I guess thats why I ran into him where I was fishing .:p Those Pomps are very tasty and hit the spot fellow anglers . :D :D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have only seen a few whiting being caught in Floridana. Renters get out at 8 AM with 3 rods each, use live sand fleas and cut clams--NADA. Have had some luck with blues on spoons. Birds and bait everywhere-where are the spanish and Jacks? Really weird no predators with acres of minnows. Haven't seen a dolphin or shark in a few months.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a few dolphins in the surf yesterday about 50 yards out may 6 or 7 . Saw some blues being landed here as well small ones . Next month the bigger blues will here . :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Best time to fish during winter

Hello, Kozlow. I don't live in Florida. That's why I don't post much. Most fishermen will tell you the best time to fish is early morning, sunset or late night after 11 pm.

But it seems to me that during WINTER time in FL, the best time to catch Pomp. or bluefish is afternoon like between noon to 4 pm. Is this true? If so, that's very different than other areas.
How about during summer?

Is Cocoa Beach a good Pomp. or bluefish beach?

Also when you fish Pomp with clam, how wide do you cut the clam strips? Quarter of an inch thick? Half an inch thick? Or entire clam? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts