Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still have to post it. I just got back from my vacation in St.Croix. I caught my first wahoo and first two dauphin. It was awesome to see them zipping back and forth at lightspeed. I tried wading the shallows and had a 40-pound permit come within 10 feet of me in 2 feet of water. I froze with my fly a foot off his face, thought he was gonna grab it until he bumped my line, spooked, saw me, and shot off like a rocket. It would have been like having a 40 pound tuna on a fly rod, in 2 feet of crystal clear water. It was so beautifull I wasn't disapointed. Today is a good day: I just got back and work was cancelled-It's my birthday-and I just found out I'll be a pappy! Now I need to sneak down to a pier and smoke a stogey in the rain!

:D
Anyone know how to mount a rod rack on a baby carriage?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Inapropriate? Why, 'cause it makes us all jealous? PLEASE!!!

All the best on your Birthday, Impending Birthday, and unexpected extra vacation day.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Sounds like you might need a valium after all that news hit you at one time. Very good day for you. Doesn't get much better. Congrats :D :D

·
Registered
515 Posts
Man, when I get down to Belize this summer, you're all gonna hear about it.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
23 Posts
good deal! what any man would do to be you!! congrads.
invites only for the stogey? what better place to smoke one on the pier? maybe in st. croix? but enjoy it while it lasts!!

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Congrats on becoming a daddy!

"Anyone know how to mount a rod rack on a baby carriage?" Ask HuskyMD. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Jack,

Where in Belize are you going? We just went in March and had a great time! Maybe I can give you a few tips on some places to go.........

·
Registered
9 Posts
Congrats! With a little one on the way, there's plenty reason to get some fish air!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rod rack...

Funny you should mention that (and I know this is an old thread, LOL)...spent last summer in VA, and at the Coast Guard pier in Yorktown there was a guy who had a baby carriage modified to work as a pier cart...he had torn the top off, stuck his cooler in the compartment and stashed the rest of his goodies underneath. Used conduit clamps across the handle to mount PVC rod holders.

·
Registered
200 Posts
when it rains it pours...

Wishing your family a healthy, bouncing, babbling newborn…time to suck on one of Havana’s finest and count your blessings…can only imagine wading those gin-clear Caribbean waters with that citation-worthy permit at your feet…i’m Puerto Rico-bound in august and already laid by my charter money for a week’s worth of fishin’.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
belize...some pointers...from what i experienced

when i went there were dozens of tarpon around the dock at the resort everynight...5-130 lbs....only thing theyd hit that i had was baby rapalas...like the 2-4" long minnow ones...i happen to have brought 3...bring small tought plugs if ya can..mirros, rapala saltwater stuff...x raps, etc...small but tough...soft plastics like zulus...or small storms or storm jerkin minnows probably would have worked as well....plenty of sharks, kings, hoos, barracuda, jacks, etc offshore...if ya go to the shark ray alley or the giant marine reserve along teh reef the fish tehre will break your heart

for cuda big shiny spoons ...3 ounce hopkins...crippled herrings..rapala needlefish...

but if your going with a guide hell kno alot more than me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts