Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anything being caught in the area from morehead to emerald isle. going down with a friend of mine need some info since he doesnt know..... :D

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
??????????

Dr. Bogus’ Totally Bogus Crystal Coast Fishing Report for 08/30/03

PIER UPDATE: BOGUE BANKS-Bogue Pier 21.25-inch king released and a 24.625-in. keeper. Sad season when you have to measure the king mackerel in inches instead of pounds!! On the other hand, Spanish are plentiful huge. All piers reporting many fish in the 3 to 5-pound range. To note is that they are taking live baits and Got-Cha plugs too. Too many are being lost on the Got-Chas. You need a net! Best bites are in the evening. Flounder-try Triple-S, where they lost a monster this morning and ISP are best bets with some sheepshead on Bogue and ISP too.

TOPSAIL: All piers reporting great big Spanish, especially in the evening too. Nearshore fishing is doing pretty well, again lots of Spanish and small kings, and false albacore too, just about anywhere and everywhere. Pick a spot any spot and you’ll find fish. On the west side of Onslow Bay, try the Honey Hole, 45-Minute Rock or Keypost Rocks. There’s lots of bait out there as well, especially the usual spots like Charley Buoy. To the east try Cape Lookout area, for Spanish and kings taken mostly on Clark Spoons. Lots of small Alby's breaking water B Buoy, Station Rock and Keypost. Kings in the 5 to 8-lb. range taken at 45 Min. Rock and AR 345, possible dolphin at AR340. Bait but it was all over the place. I also heard of small dolphin at 45-min. rock.

Offshore: Sailfish, dolphin and Wahoo from the 90 foot drop to the Big Rock, although we couldn’t find any on Wed. when I went out with the NC-DMF group involved in their dolphin-fish tagging project. We started to fish from the 90-Foot Drop on out to about 48-miles. Weed cover was mostly broken and sparse. By noon we had tagged only three fish, but we eventually found weeds along a tide line and lots of bailers too. By 1:30 we had tagged another 25 fish some in the area of 34 09.02, 76 06.95. From 90-Ft. Drop out, water was 85-87°. I’m writing this up for an N&O article that should appear in about 2-weeks under the by-line as of Richard Ehrenkaufer. Dr. Bogus is now located at the Nancy Lee Fishing Center on Rt-24, between the bridges in Swansboro. Fishing information and instructions, hand tied flies, Fishbites, Ts, hats and handcrafted jewelry. 910.32461786, www.ncoif.com.

Thats all I have for ya
Never been there but they tell me it's nice .
Not sure if this is even what your looking for but I had nothing better to do but give it a shot and try to help.:)
Good Luck with the Fishin Topsailbum
Take Care

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.