Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings All!

OK, its not from me... But the MD DNR report for the Choptank Pier sounds a little better than last week's. For those of you who don't monitor the DNR page, here's the report:

"Croakers with some white perch, striped bass, and weakfish were caught off the Choptank River Pier."

That's it -- one sentence. But at least it mentions stripers (rock) and weakies (trout). If you read the whole report, you'll get an idea of the variety of baits being used to catch fish in the middle bay. A lot of other hot-spots mentioned on this board were also listed as producing fish. The fishing may pull itself together in time for the Fall Blitz yet!

Good luck to everyone involved with the clean-up/cook-out. Please take lots of pics! I'm hoping to host a P&S event on the 'Tank late September or early October. My event will come with my standard guarantee -- if you do as I say and don't catch any fish, breakfast is on me! (I've bought very few breakfasts in my day....)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Put me in for a steak and eggs, I just throw out hooks, no bait (it dirties my hands). Hopefully my kind a fishin' is legal. :D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
MJ, this might be stupid but where do I get DNR's webb site also you mean I'm not going to meet the famous Manayunk Jake this weekend:mad: well $hucks. TRIGGER

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
MJ,

Report definitely sounds better than lasts weeks. I think some of us might get lucky and get a few trout and stripers. Just let us know when you want to get together in the fall. I should be there almost every other weekend:D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Greetings shaggy!

No deal -- you at least have to make an effort! But if you want to drop a hi-lo rig next to the pilings and catch spot, that'll earn you a breakfast (as long as I get pick of the bait bucket!) Its tedious work, but somebody has to do it....

Sorry I can't make it down Saturday. It would be worth the ride just to see this menagerie! But Mom's still cheating death, and I owe it to her to be there until the end. Hopefully she'll pass peacefully, but my family's not known as the peaceful types... She'll literally fight until her last breath, and I wouldn't have her any other way. She's my Mom.... nuff said.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
My prayers go out to you and your family, and one Godspeed to Mom, may it not be an unbearable time until she reaches the "Pearly Gates". Best wishes.

On another note, okay, I'll use bait, but I ain't going for bait fish. If my hands are going to get dirty, then I'm fishing for my once in a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
True dat Shaggy. :D MJ you will be there in spirit! Also my prayers to you and your family.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts