Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a piece of advice from one who has just found out the hard way.
Check with your Flood Insurance Folks and make sure what they cover and how it is covered and get it in writting. If you don't like what they say, change carriers. I thought through the amount of my payment I was very well covered, Haaaa Haaa. All flood insurance is not created equal, mine is junk I come to find out.
After Izzy I have seen it all, some folks, with good coverage are now being well cared for, I on the other hand had to buy a trailer to live in cause the house was flooded. After doing everything the Insurance wennies said I had to do with all the estimates and cross pricing I am still getting hosed. The three estimates are all over $80,000 and the insurance folks won't budge over $40,000. My only recourse is to spend $10,000 of my own money to sue the suckers. In such cases you can not recover you legal fees.
My point is, don't think you're covered, Know your covered. Take the time now to check it out, after all it's your home and family we are talking about.

·
Registered
337 Posts
wilber,

I very sorry to hear you that. God bless you, and if you and your family need anything, let us know. I would be glad to help you out however I can.

todd

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bassin, this aint about me. I just don't want it to happen to you guys. I'll get through this mess, but bet you a$$ I'll get me some different insurance.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Wilber ...same stuff here in Poq.......a constant battle with the insurance cos.......You dutifully pay your premium when ya dont need 'em so that they are there when ya do need em.Not suppose to be battling with em:( .......iffn I can help,PM me.....the R

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Good advise.
I'm sorry you are having these troubles. But it goes to show how short sighted insurance companies can be. (I have a auto ins claim in the works and it could be funny or stupid or I could get really screwed).

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
we use Nationwide

Have been with them since the mid 70's. Premiums may be a tad bit higher than most, but we get multi-policy discounts. Haven't had any problems. In some cases, they have taken the bull by the horn and gotten the ball rolling without much input from us. Very nice folks we deal with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: we use Nationwide

Thrifty Angler said:
Have been with them since the mid 70's. Premiums may be a tad bit higher than most, but we get multi-policy discounts. Haven't had any problems. In some cases, they have taken the bull by the horn and gotten the ball rolling without much input from us. Very nice folks we deal with.

Hey thrifty Angler

Who is your carrier? I have said for many years now that the two legal rackets in this country are insurance companies and bankers

Sitdown

1 - 8 of 8 Posts