Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking like that dream I had is going to pan out. The Stripers are late this year. Cato and Devin have only caught a few on the shoals at OI so far. The fish usually show up around Nov. 8th or so, not this year. The reports have it that some large schools of Stripers are off the Va. coast, but they haven't had a reason to move South with the water Temps. still in the 60s.

So, it's looking good for the 13th of December in Kitty Hawk, at least so far. A friend told me that point is makeing up better every day. I'm looking forward to the "Rockfish Gathering" and meeting the folks from Pier and Surf.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I will be there. I finally got confirmation about taking off work, and it only took 2 weeks :p . Should be a great time meeting new people and fishing new areas.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
How close is this to the Holiday Inn Express @ m.p. 5 1/2 ? My brother is doing a remodling job in the motel and I've got a free room to stay in Fri. night. I'd like to put a face on some of the board names and hang with some fellow P&Sers not to mention fish the banks. Besides after a night at the Holiday Inn Express I'm bound to be the best fisherman I've ever been !!:D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
J B

You will be right there. It is within walking distance. I think the Holiday Inn is actually at MP4 and a half. Come on down.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Sounds great, I figured it was close because my brother goes for an early morning walk on the beach every day with rod in hand and described the point that's now there the same way you have. Hope to see you'all on the 19th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts