Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry - This is really a OBX report but I know some of you will enjoy this report since it's right down the street from us folks in Hampton Roads.)
I spent the last couple of days in S. Nags Head with the family and got to wet a line once in awhile. We saw ALOT of spanish jumping and was fortunate to hook up with several over the last few days. Some taylor blues were mixed in there too. They hit on green/white stingsilvers. We tossed every color they made and only hit green.
My bro and I hit the catwalk this morning (0800-1030 - outgoing tide) and got into some large spot action. These weren't the little summer spot we catch at the LIP, these were 12-15" and a 1# plus. I think the citation is 1# in Carolina and we had several in the cooler. I saw several sheepshead pulled up on mole crabs and several porpoises were feeding next to the bridge too. I saw a flash and it looked like it could have been Mr. Brown.
So I was pleased with seeing spots (from the macs and spot) on my mini vacation with the family.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts