Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im heading up to SPSP this morning. Anyone want to join me ill be wearing one of those hunting caps with the leaves and stuff on it. Also my chair is the same design. Ill give a report when i return..........Tight Lines.

MC

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've changed my mind

Im instead going down to Breezy Point. Ill still be wearing the same stuff..........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Breezy Point

I just got off the phone with MC. I'm going to meet him at BP around noon. Anybody want to join us?, come on down. I called the tackle shop at BP. They only had one flat of bloods left, if you come down you may want to bring bait....Later, tightlines

·
Banned
803 Posts
SPSP ROCKZILL'S ON

CAUGHT 2 ROCK........WEDNESDAY NIGHT. ONE AT 26" THE OTHER AT 28". TRY NOT TO GET INTO FRENZY MODE YET KIDDIES, BECAUSE LAST NIGHT PROVED THAT AFTER THE STORM ISN't always good all the time. LOOKING FORWARD TO MID SEPTEMBER FOR THE cOWS TO COME IN!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey MC and Hat hope ya'll did better than we did a couple weeks ago down there. Lets see the report!

·
Registered
115 Posts
went to spsp last night. first time there and no luck. wind was terrible. there was a few people catching nice spot and blues. were are all the good spots to fish down there.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
fisherman it takes more than one time at spsp to really get into some fish. The best spots are the points on the shore by the small boat launch ramps. To get into the fish you have to be able to cast very far out past the sandbar into a little deeper water. don't give up on that place. Best time there is dusk into the night. Fall is also coming up and some big stripers will be caught from that area.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing to report

I did not catch any fish. The guy in the corner was killing them though. He caught a 19" striper, Several blues in the 10" range and a few spot. My little brother in law caught his first fish ever. It was a 3" spot. He also caught a little flounder and a jumbo spot. My son caught his first fish ever. It was a striper that could fit in the palm of my hand. I didn't catch a thing. I took that time to practice throwing my cast net which is still a work in progress. Sorry for the late report, but i went to SPSP on monday. Surprisingly there wasnt a lot of people fishing out there. It wasnt that crowded. I got plenty of great hits but no takers. It just felt good to get out of the house. Fishing these last couple of months has really got me frustrated. :( I watch all of the people around me catching fish but then i dont get anything. Is it me? or are the fish gods angry at me for some reason? Starting today, I will be taking a vow of silence until i have a good outing............Tight Lines

MC:(

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey MC,

I stayed at Breezy until 11:30pm that night. You forgot to mention the 19" Flounder that guy caught. The Blue bite got better but they were all snappers. I got tired of the little Blues so I went back to bloods instead of cut bait. At 10pm the jumbo Spot realy turned on. I used all the bloods we had and left the pier with a full basket of JUMBO SPOT. Man was my lawn guy happy.:D

Maybe your right MC, the fish Gods are mad. See my post (after praying) in the open forum.

As soon as I get some time I'll post the pics of your sons first fish. Oh yeah and that monster Striper...LOL Tightlines my friend

1 - 12 of 12 Posts