Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on the site for months, too focused on work and things at home! I'll be heading to OBX on November 15th for a week. I would appreciate any advice on fishing, locations, bait, etc. I noticed that trout are in the area. What's the forecast out three weeks? Will Drum still be the primary target, or will it be cold enough to push Stripers south at that point? Can you still drive on the beach at Oregon Inlet? I lost touch with the court actions.

Thanks to all.
Surf Rookie

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
The beach will be open as it is now. Drive at night with permit,no charge,but must read and sign permit and have it with ya...

As far as what's going to be here,the way the ne'rs keep drifting through there is no telling what's going to be here tomorrow let alone a month or so out... My guess is the fish you mentioned will be here.. This yr,I'm hoping,and it's looking like,there might actually be a chance for those stripers to make it down..

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
SurfRookie, you can get the permits at any tackle shop between R/W/S and Hatteras, any of the big realty company offices, and of course the park service stations. Like DD said, hopefully there will be some beach left to drive on after all the NE'sters leave.

DD you posted at 3:25 a.m.? I thought you were fishing the tournament

1 - 5 of 5 Posts