Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so yesterday i was at the baitshop looking at some rods. I came across this rod that was very very light( felt like an ultra light) turned out it was heavy action and rated up to 40 lbs. I guess it is the new im 6 graphite blanks. I wanted to know if anyone has used them because im not sure if i would feel comfortable with it?

·
Registered
541 Posts
IM6 graphite rods have been around for a long time (at least 15-20 years for freshwater bass rods). I got my 1st one about 15 years ago. It's still one of my favorite rod materials for freshwater rods.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i would like to use this rod for heavy saltwater purposes, and sorry about the new thing i didnt really do my research about it, i figured it was new because i cant tell u how light this rod was haha

·
Registered
799 Posts
I use 9' Fenwick HMX Steelhead rods (IM7) for my sea mullet/black drum/pompano set ups. They are ultra light but very strong rods and are outstanding to fish with. I have caught red drum over 35" with these rods no problem. You can throw up to 3-4 oz weights with them and when a fish hits he practically hangs himself because of the rod's fast action. It is the perfect fast action rod with backbone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts