Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seen this post over on the tidalfish boating board...thought some of ya'll would like to read it lol...posted by lyle

"We had a wonderful group onboard the Green eyes for a charter yesterday. However one young lady had a black cloud following her around.

Late in the day as we are casting to finish up the trip, this one young lady proceeds to cast towards the island and as she casts the lure, I guess she wants to see if there are any fish in this spot so she just falls right over board along with the rod.

We get her back in the boat and she drys off a bit and takes some mild ribbing and she proceeds to cast again.

Now the reel breaks! So she decides to sit down as the reel is repaired and she ends up with trebbles from a windcheater caught in her hair!

She gets them taken out and starts to cast again when she makes her backcast she catches the lure on the flybridge rod holders and then it breaks free and imbeddeds the trebbles into her hand.

Needless to say, I hope her husband didnt let her waste any money on lottery tickets last night. !

All in all no one was seriously hurt and we had a nice day other than the hand injury.

The party was a great charter and we cant wait to see them back again.

They ended the day one slightly humiliated lady the charter all got their limit along with some throw backs and one large blue fish for a bonus! "

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
LOL!

I was at Lesner a week ago with the fishless crowd.

My 8 year old step-son was holding my rod while I tied on a new jig.

As I was finishing, he decides to crank the reel a bit!

YOUCH!!!! :D :jawdrop:

I wanted to kill him! :rolleyes:

It only hit the bone on my knuckle, and did not go deep, but wow... kids!

Bob

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
HAhaha
i totally feel ya on the kids part... I havent been injured yet with the kids but i took them to the Grandview pier one night and as soon as they stepped onto that pier they froze there wasnt even a budging of them going on.. if i got near em they would screem bloody murder lol so it was an early night for us... but the nerve they had as soon as we got halfway home they were saying you never take us fishing daddy when are we going fishing!...
>:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts