Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CDog, I haven't fished that area much this year as I have only caught croakers out there but I did get really nice 25"er or so out of there last week along with a 18-19" dink. I casted for a couple of hours for em though. Has anyone ever tossed some bunker in that area? It looks prime for that, especially at night but I haven't tried it. I thought I may get at least a bite last night as the current was running good but nada. Better luck next time....

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
You guys are doing it wrong! :p:D;)

Got your text Ben. I may try to get out there tonight for a while, but haven't looked at the tides yet, so I ain't sure. If the tide is what I'm thinking it will be I'll be somewhere else. Usually if it's windy out there I don't catch squat. If Digger is lurking around, he might be able to shed some light on why that is since he's been fishing there much longer than I have. The past two times I've been out there the wind was whipping and I got not so much as a bump, but if the wind is light, and the tide is right.;)

Clay, Bishops has 5 PD's and 5 NS's coming in soon. I talked to John the other day and he ordered them for me. Just FYI.

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
...was out by riverwalk last night..... of course nobody tossin',no one on the pier..no one anywhere...one cop had someone stopped on the main drag;for what,who knows.......I guess he was working on his quota ....I will say the area is now clean for the tourists when they show next spring......the R

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
I'll say it's clean, cleaner than clean. Last time we were there, I remarked that there was absolutely no trash any where, not even a ciggy butt on the ground. I figure there was a crew of little people or robots or something that grabbed the trash as soon as it hit the ground and then scurried away somewhere:). It's looks a little like Disneyland there.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Depends on which way the winds are blowing not how much.
Absolutely, but I should have been a little clearer. On nights where there is a favorible wind blowing, if it's very strong, say 15-20+, they don't seem to chew as much as if it's a lighter wind of about 5-15. That's been something consistent I've noticed over the last year or so. In a lot of other places if the water is snotty and choppy, I do well with rockfish, but for some reason that hasn't panned out there.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wrong lure grasshopper.
It was definately the wrong something. Something not good. Not good at all... I was forced to go home and :beer: Whats the deal with the wind? Don't fish fish on opposing tides? ie. ebb tie with a N-NE wind hummin? As far as lures go I was tossing a dark green gulp mullet flavored (mmmmm. gooood). It produced the last trip. Anyway, the fionce was tossing a glow paddle with a green tail that also produced last trip out. They were both your average 3-4" with 3/8o.z leadhead. And it was peak current.:confused: Oh well, if the wind cooperates I'm gonna say to hell with that :mad:and try to hit the highrise Friday night for some moocows.

Ben

1 - 12 of 12 Posts