Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy cow, here in Beaufort SC it’s really hot. I planned to go fishing today, but 94 is just to hot. How many of you enjoy fishing in temperatures like that? Next week my BIL visits, I’ll take him, but it’s more of a precursor to coming home to drink vodka, and swim in the pool.

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
I live in Manning, out by the lake & have been reluctant to go fishing because of the heat. I'll sometimes go over & fish from a neighbors pier, early or late in the day, but once the Sun gets up it's been too hot, and I really think the water temps are too high for much success anyway. I'm OK with not catching, just want to be out, but I have plenty of things to keep me busy so just as soon wait until the weather turns cooler to spend a lot of time fishing. Maybe the weather will cool off early this year! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m thinking your right. I guess come fall with cooling temps, you gotta just pound it and go when you can. Thanks!
I went today, all sharks........limited myself to 4 hours, and it is hot. It’s a desert out there fishing. 🥶

·
Registered
903 Posts
I’m thinking your right. I guess come fall with cooling temps, you gotta just pound it and go when you can. Thanks!
I went today, all sharks........limited myself to 4 hours, and it is hot. It’s a desert out there fishing. 🥶
I'm retired so can go whenever I choose, and don't mind fishing in the winter as long as it's not real windy & cold. I also live close enough to Lake Marion that I can walk to places to fish. I see a lot of boats on the lake now, but no idea how many of them are fishing. I never see anyone near by fishing from shore, but some do it around the corner at the public boat ramp as there's a pier there. It's a bit different here than on the coast. I'll go on overcast days now, but don't often stay very long, and hour or two.

As I mentioned, I think the water may be too warm. Our grandsons came here about this time last year & I took them over to the neighbors pier to do some fishing They caught several bream and a few small Channel Cats on nightcrawler pieces under floats. I haven't even seen a bream hanging around the piers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I’m learning what it’s like to fish in SC. I’m looking forward to shrimp season, and cooler temps should bring a few fish together. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always loved driving past Lake Marion when I was coming down here building our new home. It was a milestone that told me I was getting close.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I live close to the dam on the lower end. We stayed in Hilton Head a few times when we still lived in MD and I always liked the drive down thru here. I knew it wasn't a lot further when I crossed the lake. We've only been here since 2015, so I'm still learning too. We also vacationed at Pawley's Island a few times before we moved here and I enjoyed fishing around there. I haven't been to the coast to fish since we moved here, so last time I did was about 2013. I guess I need to make a trip!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts