Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've written and recorded a song about fishing in Buxton

It can be heard on my Myspace page. If there is enough interest I would like to donate it to OBPA to be used for fundraising.

I know everyone here shoots straight so give it a listen and tell what you think. Don't hold back, I can take it.

The song is called "Down On The Point"

The address is www.myspace.com/darrylellysonbluelightdistrict

Thanks

><))))*>

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am not a critic of music, nor a frequent poster here (lurker mostly), but I did listen to your song a couple of times and I like it. The one question I have though is why in two places do you sing "out on the point" yet in the refrain and title you use "Down on the Point"?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
man u got me ready to go fishing.Anyway I can get a copy of that song?
That's the idea...I'd like to have a link much like when you download from itune on OBPA's site, you pay a buck or two for the song, and all proceeds go to fight to keep the beaches open.

><))))*>

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
that was great , the song has me ready to load the truck , but my wallet at the moment says I aint goin nowhere!!! lol. tight lines and keep the tunes coming...

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's the idea...I'd like to have a link much like when you download from itune on OBPA's site, you pay a buck or two for the song, and all proceeds go to fight to keep the beaches open.

><))))*>
Only suggestion i can think of is trying myxer.com,I know u can create an account and upload your music and charge for downloads.

·
Registered
705 Posts
The one question I have though is why in two places do you sing "out on the point" yet in the refrain and title you use "Down on the Point"?
I thought the same thing. But then again, my contribution to the Arts is adding a pearl white shad body to a chartreuse jig head. So what do I know?

I listened to the song twice and thought it great! :D Good job!

Shouldn't it be on the NC board too? Or did I miss it there?

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Good job!

·
Registered
165 Posts
oh yeah...

"Blue Light Districts" ..... I LIKE the name... very nice!!!! makes me think of some cities I've been to.....

I am now listening to "tell me baby" and the guitars are meshing SOOOOO WELLLL!!!! I am paying attention to the bass now, that person can play well...

Been out traveling has a kind of Zep feel to it.... I really like you guys sound... Would like info on how to get a copy....

This is a new thing for me, typically I like a simpler sound on Blues, like Lightning Hopkins (one of my Favs), Howlin Wolf, Robert Johnson, you know what I am saying, but this higher energy is really appealing to my ear.

fish b8

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.