Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Shaggy is our challenge still on in feb. You said u would list some dates and also tell me if you found a better place then that smo hangout aka A.I. ...lol kidding but you will take serious im sure. Anyway I was just thinking the other day and remembered our little challenge . Ill be here waiting for your remarks.

-Crabby

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Ha!

Man we were beginning to think you disapeared. :p I am sure he hasn't forgotten. ;)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i was hoping he'd disappeared!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If ya want me gone thats kool, i dont like getting yelled at by 30+ Old salts that think they know everything about fishing , bluerunner please just stfu and stay out of this no one wants to hear your stupid a$$. If you wanna challenge me in fishing also please do so i would love to embarass you here in Georgia infront of all who wants to watch...Georgia's shores are my backyard and im king here, any challenges welcome,

Just Bring It.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
troll:D :D

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I wouldn't call Crabby a troll necessarily. I have met him and he does fish, how well, I don't know because I only saw him for about 5 minutes. As for king of the Georgia coast, hmmmm, I don't remember abdicating my throne.:p

Young bucks need to remember their place. You can't just walk in and think you are the hottest fishing thing since "The Spanish Fly" and expect everyone to accept it. Especially if you're addressing people who have been fishing longer than you have been breathing.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Well now....Crabby is the "king" in GA..............He Don't sound like he is even from GA to me.

Hey Crabby.....I'd feel alot better if you would refrain from using the word Georgia when you post....It makes Ga look bad.:(

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
ok crabby since you go to georgia and i go to clemson we'll call this the rivalry challenge. but, it can't be in georgia because thats too far for me and its your back yard. how about a neutral site - folly pier in sc. i've never fished there and if you haven't either then we'll both be on the same ground. you name the time after may 1st so i'll be out of school and can go. rules are - only gamefish, i.e., flounder, mackerel (king or spanish), cobia, etc. no bottomfish like spot or whiting. i await your response.

emanuel, he may not be a troll in real life, i don't know, but on here he sure acts like one. if he doesn't want to be called one, he needs show a little more class about what he says to others.

crabby, i wouldn't insult these old salts, they've probably forgot more about fishing than you or i will ever know.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Fatback said:
Well now....Crabby is the "king" in GA..............He Don't sound like he is even from GA to me.

Hey Crabby.....I'd feel alot better if you would refrain from using the word Georgia when you post....It makes Ga look bad.:(
Don't worry Fatback, we wont hold it against ya. :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
all right blue sounds great we will talk more about it in the future months...btw what is a troll... i seriously dont know what that means. heh my boasty remarks are working in my atempt to be noticed ....keep the bashing up guys!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
btw what is a troll... i seriously dont know what that means. heh my boasty remarks are working in my atempt to be noticed ....keep the bashing up guys!
I don't know about anybody else but that is my definition of a troll. If ya want to get noticed go stand in th middle of th street naked. If ya want to be a productive member of th board lose th tude an contribute what helpful info you have. JMHO.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok cdog first off, put down the beer man. I so couldnt understand your last post! Second its all a front here is some stuff i have learned over my years.

.... Dont fish off the pier when its lightning outside.
.....Dont go out to sandbars halfway past low tide.
...Dont ask a old person on the pier for advice without getting a glare.
..Dont show up to a new pier with a short little asian girl and start catching all the fish, it makes the salts jelous.
.........Dont feed the pier rats ,aka the people that run up to your every catch and ask if they can have it for bait, for they will only waste it in a vain attempt to catch moby dick.
....and last but not least---dont forget to set your drag!
-crabby!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Crabby_84, first, no I haven't forgot, as a matter of fact my brother and I are debating AI tomorrow and Friday (been a dream of ours to catch a striper, keeper or not in the snow), but if not will be doing some pickeral and yellow perch fishing in the more local area.

Attack on bluerunner, not really justified. Don't think me (or anyone else) has called you mean, but definately brash, cocky (not neccessarily bad), and maybe a tad arrogant.

Personally, never said I knew it all, and have readily admitted that there is more to learn about surf fishing (and fishing in general) and reading the beach and birds than I will be able to do in my lifetime. I don't claim to be a "king" of fishing, just know for me it brings real joy, solitude and some friendships especially from these boards. What little knowledge (can't call it "expertise"), I try and share. Tips, set the drag, etc., etc., if you have a specific question (and you're looking for more than basics), ask and someone here will answer you, more civilized if asked nicely.

As for challenge, as I stated in previous thread, who knows, I may just like you, and you may just be able to tolerate me. Challenge was AI (and thanks to your comments about conditions, "colder" months), and I am ready, 'cause I am sure even you know I love the place, and it AIn't just about the fishing, and one day you too will understand. Honestly, late February, slim pickings (what was it you said forty to one or something, wouldn't be close to forty if we fished the whole week and counted yours and my stripers), but chances to read the beach, take some notes and enjoy the time. Action picks up mid March and April can be fantastic.

You get me some dates you can make it, end of February beginning of March, and I'll get off from work, and since I vacation in South Carolina, not far from Georgia line, every summer in August (usually first or second week), maybe you me and Emanuel can get together in SC or GA for some "friendly" fishing.

Anyhow, let me know some convenient dates, and we can get together. If not AI, maybe Virginia Beach, meet Cdog, NS4D, maybe Wilber and kenmefish. There is a great group of fishermen and fisherwomen around here, just try and have some more tact.

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Well said Shaggy.
You make sure to call when the bite starts. I don't have a Jeep, but I do hit the road .

·
Registered
193 Posts
Troll as in the noun - grumpy old n'er-do-well as in 3 Billy Goats Gruff

or

Troll the verb - as to put forth a "bait" in anticipation of a response :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
awesome maybe we can even have it in teh summer months ;that would be way better when im not in school / work. Keeep brewing up ideas and me and my penns will show u who is boss...the making fun of bluerunner was from previous posts on the ga boards where he compted and attitude. How can i be a troll cdog if im 20....anyway i would love to move the date back to warmer more fishing friendly months.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
awesome maybe we can even have it in teh summer months ;that would be way better when im not in school / work. Keeep brewing up ideas and me and my penns will show u who is boss...the making fun of bluerunner was from previous posts on the ga boards where he compted and attitude. How can i be a troll cdog if im 20....anyway i would love to move the date back to warmer more fishing friendly months.
AIn't what I said "wannabe".

What I said was

Challenge was AI (and thanks to your comments about conditions, "colder" months),
the making fun of bluerunner was from previous posts on the ga boards
Actually, previously the South Carolina Board, and I think I can say I was one of the people to make the recommendation to combine Ga and SC.

Last but not least, and maybe you are rubbing a bad nerve or not, but bad elbow or not, place is AI, dates are February 26 and 27 (Thursday Friday, since you want me to pick date). Meet at south parking lot between 5:30 am and 6:00 am.

Then, if you do happen to grow up by August maybe me and Eman can "learn ya somtin'".

Now for the rest of the SC/GA board, particularly GA, we won't hold his affiliation aginst ya if ya don't hold it against us MD people that he "spent time in Edgewhat"?

Have Jeep will travel. :D

Stripers only, bet is you don't "out-fish" me 40-1, and as for VA beach or SC/GA in August, doubtful. February 26 and 27, AI, be there or be scared.:barf:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Well Crabby,
You don't have to be old to be a troll, just grumpy and arrogant, with an ego the size of SC and GA combined.

I have been fishing since I was 6 and most of what knowledge I have I've gotten from talking to the old salts, who never claim to know everything, on the pier and on here. They glare at you if you go up to them and tell them they're doing something wrong, because chances are that you are wrong.

And in references to "pier rats": take a look at the picture board here, any pier, tackle shop or go out to the end during a cobia/king run and you will see that their "vain" attempts often pay off big.

Have you ever fished CG pier in North Myrtle Beach, SC? Sounds like you would fit right in with the bottomriggers there.

Light drags and big kings,

Evan

PS: It might be you who needs to put down the beer. No problems understanding Cdog for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts