Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of these days im gonna learn to stay home and do something productive when its blowin over 15. went out to ft macon/alantic beach and the only thing i caught was 6 whiting, about 4 inches in length so i lettem go, and a few pinfish. needless to say didnt bring nothin home.:(
did run into saltycaster out there at the jetty, hollered at him for a bit, didnt run into duneyeti, hope to hear how you guys did.

·
Registered
106 Posts
30 mph wind in your face and rough ocean makes hard surfside fishing at
Fort Macon on Saturday, did catch a few small whiting before retiring to the slightly less windy and much easier to fish soundside. At least you could keep a line in the water without it running down the beach. Caught a few more small whiting, skate, hogfish, and small sharks. Later walked out on the Oceanana pier, there were a few people braving the wind and by this time really rough ocean.....waves breaking well past the end of the "shaking" pier, not much
being caught.
Nice to meet another pierandsurfer .... Jackalopehunter
Happy fishing to all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
howdy, fished most of the day Saturday at Ft. Macon, a few bites when we first hit the beach, didn't hook anything. Wind was brutal...fished a little Sunday morn around Pine Knoll Shores and back up at Macon, again nada...enjoyed the trip, though!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i was out there saturday morning as well. i got two small blues and my girlfriend got a small flounder in only 2 hours, before we got sick of being sandblasted...

all on cut bait - shrimp were doing nothing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.