Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Even if they know for sure that fish feel pain, I don't see how that changes my position on fishing.
While I often practice catch and release, I also like to eat a cive catch. So, if I am fishing for food, what do I care if it hurts the fish?
I've never heard of someone hunting a deer to care if it hurts the deer or not.

BTW, I would think PETA would be against experiments where scientists inject fish with acid.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I heard on the news the other day that the president of PETA put in her will; that she wants to be BBQ'd and have her skin tanned when she dies.
I say: OK, I could use a new pair of shoes! and I LUV BBQ!

·
Registered
36 Posts
sorry to sound so cruel but if they do feel pain sorry ;) I like to fish and hunt and if the PETA people don't like it they don't have to hunt or fish that just means more for the rest of us :D. I heard on news last week that PETA wants the town of Hamburg to change thier name to veggieburg because they find the name hamburg disturbing...just shows how absolutly nuts these people are and if it wasn't so serious it would be funny. Also think that if your enemy is hanging themselves please don't take the rope from them....If they keep trying these kind of absolutly crazy antics most intelligent people will see them for the lunatics they are....just my 2 cents worth :D :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
forgot to mention that I am thinking about starting a Maryland chapter of my version of PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals :D :D :

·
Registered
210 Posts
After living in Maryland for 20 years, I'm sure Montgomery County already has support groups, counseling and a bill to ban fishing all in the works. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Ballony,You belive that after fish feel pain they bang thier noses into the ground.What a bunch of B.S.I'm sure fish feel pain but they recover quickly.Some of the big Stripers I've caught this year feel a little hurt after catching them,but I let them revive,and its bussness as usual. :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
363 Posts
What a bunch of bull...Fish may very well feel pain but the fact remains that if we or someone does not control the population they will overpopulate. Just as with any animal this is a worse death than being put in a cooler of ice and going to sleep and not waking up.

The one thing I have found with PETA is most of them are hypocrites. Go to a meeting sometime and just look at all the leather shoes and belts them folks wear....Wonder if it hurt them cows when the skin was ripped off there backs.

And thats my 2 cent and no dang change!!!!!

By the way I'm a life long member of PETA

People Eating Tasty Animals

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think its a bunch of bull too. Deer feel pain but many people hunt for them (including myself.) Birds feel pain but people still hunt for them. I do not think that fish feel pain because they eat crabs, crawfish, and lobster and that doesn't hurt them. But, I don't think that the PETA will do anything about stopping fisherman.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Believe me I again PETA too I only point this out because they take an study like this and run with it and if we don't watch out we would be able to fish.

W

·
0 Posts
Hi Gang. Tom here. I see many of the posts on the subject of PETA are from all over the eastern US. Me ? I'm in sweet ole' Virginie' actually native born. And here we have a "Right to Hunt Law", and if I'm not mistaken, shortly after the latter came into effect, a "Right to Fish law" was also enacted.
These make it illegal to interfere with either of the above two pastimes, and those guilty of interfering with hunters and anglers may and will be arrested for same.
Ha ! You guys should've seen the PETA nuts here last summer. They stood outside a Va Beach Furrier's store "NAKED", only covered by their signs protesting the fur business.
And we also have a fishing tourney in Norfolk (right below their main office on
the Elizabeth River) where by all anglers MUST BE CLAD IN FUR to participate...
Ha ! It's sponsored by one of the local radio stations.
And that slogan for PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals ? Well, Oceans East Tackle shop - two locations in Va Beach, sells tee-shirts with that logo - and more.
Later folks............
Tom :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Let one of those PETA nuts mess with me and my fishing and we will see exactly how much pain they feel. Pappa allways said "Don't pick fights with people, but if they come pick a fight with you.....beat the fear of god into them."

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hmm i think peta needs to realize that if we followed all of there rules the earth would suck! People would probably not be as healthy knowing nobody would eat meat and probably not drink milk either. Also what could peta do. People have been fishing since they have come to this land and the government isnt gonna change that for a group of people who dont even know what they are talking about.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts