Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tater sure can.... ;)

Tater and I were on "the pier of choice" today,and what a day,rain and all... I had two sharks eat my junk all day,the only runs for me.. :rolleyes: All was fine though,cause the feeshgods were on the lookout for Tater!!

We were all laid back,with not a bump for quite a while.. Tater's rod kinda bounced,and did a couple of klicks.. He made a dad proud and listened to everything I told him about a hookset.. The boy pointed that rod at him,and let em havit!! Then fought that fish like a pro,putting plenty of heat where needed..

We had to pull up one of the benches so Tater could get em to the net,but for a short rascal,he did it without a hitch.. Here's a 43 and a half forklength drummie that Tater caught,for his first big pier drum ever!! :)

There were two others decked,one by Zingpow,and one by Pat.. Pat's fish is the first I've seen decked on a pier with NO SPOTS!! I've seen a couple of juvenile fish without spots,but never an adult until now... Pretty cool..

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Wow!!! Great job Tater!!! That's one more than I've ever caught from the pier. Way to coach him DD. :D

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Way to go, Tater!!!

That's a fish you and your dad will remember forever.

Even if it had spots. :D

It's nice to have watched you become a better angler over the years. There were quite a few of us who had feeling you'd get yer first big one off a pier this Fall.

And I'll now be taking bets on how long it takes for you to get to 1,000.

Congrats again, bud.

·
Registered
633 Posts
kenny i bet the walk through the door when you two got home was even better...

"MOM GUESS WHAT I CAUGHT! Na, dad didnt catch nuffin"

Tell tater i said congrats...:beer: heres to a whole bunch more!

Jesse
LOL, i know exactly whatcha mean jesse!i do it to my mom all the time, an anglers gotta show off at least a little bit!Gratz tater! We kids sure do know to stick it to them huh? Gratz once more!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Way to go, Tater!!!

That's a fish you and your dad will remember forever.

Even if it had spots. :D

It's nice to have watched you become a better angler over the years. There were quite a few of us who had feeling you'd get yer first big one off a pier this Fall.

And I'll now be taking bets on how long it takes for you to get to 1,000.

Congrats again, bud.
Well said Jeff!!!

Congrats Tater and you too proud poppa!!!!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Great job young man! I know both you and Dad are proud!

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tater, I was there last fall when you lost your first pier drum after a long fight and I know it broke your heart. Glad you now have one under your belt. Congratulations to you both.
I don't remember meeting you at that time on NHP,but if you were there then you defenatly know how happy Tater was this time round... Not a time goes by pierfishing that the youngen doesn't bring up that "agony of defeat",and how he was going to overcome it... I also remember the ones I lost moreso than the ones I caught,except for the first one I caught,remember that one like it was yesterday... ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
Great Job, Tater! I know you've made yourself and dad proud! Priceless! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts