Pier and Surf Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I can imagine. That’s where the grown ones are. We are going to have a blast either way. Hell, if we have stand on the beach the entire trip it beats work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
We will have fun even if we just fish off of the beach all week. I’m mainly just looking for areas with deeper water from salvo south. I’d love to see the boys hook something that will make em sweat lol.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I have the equipment you need, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad fish. Not like going down the pond chasin' bluegills and tommycods. Those sharks, swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin', an' down you go.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Now that is a cool collection, where did you find the barrel?
The barrel is original and production used, though not screen used. It was one of several used to float the special effects platforms. They were all black. The special effects crew took five of them and painted them yellow to represent the shark, since most of the time the mechanical sharks were not working. I purchased two of them from Lynn and Susan Murphy of Martha’s Vinyard. I painted them yellow to match the ones seen on film. T
he Murphy’s are well known as having worked on the film production crew. Lynn purchased many of the original props after production wrapped up, including the ORCA boat which was sunk at the end of the movie. That boat was a fiberglass replica of the original orca used to repeatedly sink during several takes of filming the sinking sequence . I have a piece of that boat too.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
It works yes I shot it once. But...Those harpoons would be nearly impossible to replace if broken. So, it’s a fully functioning museum piece now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I know it's not a giant, but we are doing what we came to do! I appreciate everyone being kind and helpful!!!!

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
You have learned on of life's great lessons...... the best way to catch and hook up to Big Sharks is to go Drum Fishing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
What kind of shark was that? It had hooks all in its face where it had been hanging out at the pier I guess. We got all of them out except one kingfish rig that was buried.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts