Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its November 10th. you can chose one rod, 1 bait and one location. Where would you be?

·
Registered
6 Posts
In my backyard on Lake Wylie, in SC. With my catfish rod, secret special catfish bait, lots of beer, and a bonfire over the lake.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In November -
My trusty Penn 9' Power Stick w/ Penn 650SS, 17 lb. test line, spot/pinfish, single rigged through the gill with circle hook in the tail for reds
Same rod/reel with double drop aberdeen hooks and fishbites for spots
In the surf between 21st Street and 24 Street in MB

·
Registered
369 Posts
Very interesting question Steve. Didn't say in MB area so anything is possible. Since I live in upstate NYS I would be targeting Walleye. Using 7' light action Conolon rod with a Garcia Mitchell 331 reel spooled with 4lb test line. Drift fishing from 12' boat over schools of walleye. NOW if you mean in MB area that would pose a slight problem since I don't fish there that time of year. SO I would be using a 9' Conolon medium action rod with a Garcia Mitchell 307 reel spooled with 12lb line. See what bites and doesn't. Pier or surf and I would be covered.......
Kim :fishing: :beer:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Will be at Cape Lookout the 9th thru the 14th of Nov. Most used rod will be a shimano 6500 bait runner on a 8' penn prevail rod hopefully using fresh mullet.

·
Registered
833 Posts
100' north of Frisco Pier, my old 7' G Loomis Rod, 2500 Stratic spooled with 10 lb Sakuma Ice crystal line, 3' of 12 lb fluorocarbon attached with a double uni, red 3/8 oz Blue Candy jighead with a Gulp 4" swimming mullet .... Seafood for Supper !! Weather permitting .... Pups, Flounder and specks .... River

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
North Jetty, 6' ugly stik, Okuma Avenger 30 with 8lb big game line. bait depends on water conditions...mirro-lure if its flat, gulp on a jig head of its rough or flowing hard

·
Registered
955 Posts
If the weather doesn't drop like a rock and in SC.......a dock in MI...........Daiwa BG15 loaded with PP 20/6 moss green and 4' Seaguar fluoro leader on a Shimano Clarus steelhead rod, IM7 8'6", throwing hand-tied double bucktail/teaser/fly or a 15" seaguar fluoro carolina rig........several different baits possible.............

If in NC, 12' heaver, Daiwa SL30SHV loaded with 340 yds of 17# Suffix Tri Plus chartreuse, 10/0 J snelled J hook with a mullet head, sea mullet head, spot head, or a chunk of bluefish......somewhere between ramps 27 and 34.

·
Registered
9 Posts
At Springmaid trying to wet a hook and drink some cold beers. Hypothetically I've been doing that for two days so, hypothetically, I'm literally doing it.

·
Banned
2,922 Posts
PENN 525 MAG on a custom MHX 10ft rod, loaded with 15lb Trilene Big Game on Juno Beach Fishing Pier . . . Juno Beach, Florida !!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts