Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it's my first hurricane down here. I was wondering if they will close the Bay Bridge for this? It has to be pretty dangerous on the bridge with the high winds. And if they do how can I find out.....is there a place to call?
-thx

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
They already closed the bridge to trucks and box trailers. The bridge will stay open for cars until the wind speed hits a steady 50mph. At that point they will close it to all traffic. Call the Md. DOT for closing info....Tightlines

Md DOT

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Crossed the Narrows just minutes ago, and steady wind really rocked my Jeep. 50 MPH winds will not only close the Bay Bridge, but probably the Narrows also. Last night's fishing trip was a bust, not even a bite. Here on Kent Island, mandatory evacuations for those living on the water, and strongly suggested for the rest. Hit higher ground, or shelters. Time for a Bud Light. Living on the edge right now, not much wind yet, but I'm only about three blocks from the bay. Safety to all, hope all are okay. Material things can be replaced, but, stay safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts