Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“The 2003 Capital Longcasters' Shore Fishing Challenge has been postponed until Oct 4, 2003. Hurricane Isabel is expected to cause massive damage to the Chesapeake Bay region. Point Lookout State Park may be temporarily closed following the storm due to flooding and a loss of power. Point Lookout State Park is located on the southern tip of Maryland’s portion of the Chesapeake Bay western shore where the Potomac River intersects the Chesapeake Bay. The beaches on the Potomac River side of the park have been under water since last week. Current storm surge projections predict from three to five feet of water rushing up the Chesapeake Bay on Thursday. That would flood all beach areas within the park.
A top Maryland State marine biologist predicts that the fish will take cover in water between thirty to fifty feet deep. Depending on the amount of debris and silt in the water it could take several days before the fish are once again reachable from shore.
Some people have rented campsites and cottages for this event. They require advance notice to avoid losing their deposits. Additionally, most tournament participants live within the hurricane’s projected path and may sustain property damage. They may need time to get their lives back in order.
We regret this change in the schedule and we pray that you and yours will be safe during and after the storm. This is your tournament and we sincerely welcome your comments and suggestions.”

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hello aero993,

The P&S IRI clean up is Oct. 5th at 7am, most people will leave for the event on the 4th. I would think that the Oct. 4th date would be a conflict for some P&Sers who might want to fish the Shore Fishing Challenge too....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I also agree.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well, guess some can acommodate, and others can't. :(

See you at IRI PapPy, and I'll be at Ai on Saturday. :)

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Gotta get some sleep on the 4th

If I am to fish the IRI jetties early (3:00 AM) on the 5th.

I would have liked to do both but my heart is at IRI. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts