Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We walked all the way to the end of the jetty and caught a puffer, croaker and a lot of Black Sea bass on shrimp and fish bites. Just messing around with the ultralights. A 2lb sea bass is one heck of a fight on 4lb test. Lol. Walked about halfway back to the parking lot and found a decent hole to fish in the surf. Caught a few puffers on shrimp, 2 12" lady fish at once and a few blues on cut, mushy Unfrozen Walmart mullet. Then, as we were getting packed up to leave, my mullet rod doubles over and the sand spike gets ripped out of the surf. After two long runs and the hook on the spot/kingfish rig straightening out in 6" of water, we ended up with a 20" (estimate) red. I guess that's a perfect way to end the fishing season. Plaster Plasterer

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If the weather stays warm, the season may not be over yet!

I do miss HBSP jetty fishing. It will hold fish later into the season than most other shoreline areas. You may want to set the drag a little bit lighter.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yea; I was used to the lighter hits of the bluefish and had left the drag pretty tight. lol. I got lucky. My season is probably done. I race cars in the winter so my weekends are booked and UPS peak season is coming so I'll be going 12hr days during the week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts