Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard alot of these jetties. Where are they located??? I'm coming down for a week starting 5/16/09 and would like to eliminate the dead spots and concentrate on the good fishing ones. Just taking enough to eat and throw back the rest. Thanks for any help.............
Kim:fishing:

PS- I'm staying in the SURFSIDE area...........

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Where in Surfside are you staying??? We'll be at Lakewood. Close enough to the ocean and piers but away from the crowds of Myrtle Beach. I now know where Huntngton is at. We have talked about staying at the state park but never have. Maybe when the prices of camping shoot way up we'll be staying there. Lakewood has the 24 hour security and other good things offered. Maybe we could go fishing down there. Good Luck...........
Kim:fishing:

PS- When going to fish the jetties what time of day is best, tide, in-out??? Also do you have to go through the park to get there. I don't mind paying for the day if I'll catch something.......

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have found that the best time for the jetties is on the tide fall. bait is rushing in and the run of the mill predatorial fish pop them left and right. another place to go, depending on what your fishing for would be pawleys island. ill be getting back from deployment and going home for some R and R. The larger sharks will be feeding right off the surf and i cant wait to get a few runs. they also have large flounder and blues that run through that area.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Jetty's

when you go there you go into the park then you have a good
long walk out to the Jetty's which you have to get off of
when high tide comes in as you will be swept away ...

also you check with the guard and sometimes they wave you through
to fish for free and sometimes they make you pay...but I find
it better than a crowded pier...

google earth the Huntington Beach State Park Jetty

the pictures are amazing. zoom right in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.