Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all. Being my first post a little back ground. I've lived in MB for a year and half. I fish 3-5 days every week at piers and in the surf. I've done well with the usual catches. My question is I'm making my first trek down to the jetty at hunington and I'am wondering if there are any preferred spots on the jetty, what rigs work well for chunk mullett( is there to many snag hazards to fish typical bottom rig) and what fish may I encounter this time of year at jetty? One more quick one Do spotted sea trout hold in this area due to the structure?. I have plenty of weakfish in the freezer along with spanish, whiting, pompano. I would love some slot size reds and spotted trout any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
overall, bluefish, weakfish, flounder, and sometimes spots can be expected this late into the season. use fish finder or carolina rigs to avoid snags. float rig wit live mullet can be used but the current is often too fast. i have been using got-cha plugs for the first time off a jetty this past season and they work for bluefish (but you have to master retrieving them back in a darting manner that can avoid being snagged to the rocks). got-cha plugs and spoons(krocs or hopkins) can outfish baits when the bluefish are cruising for food and baitfish are around.
pm me for more info and year round fishing there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
overall, bluefish, weakfish, flounder, and sometimes spots can be expected this late into the season. use fish finder or carolina rigs to avoid snags. float rig wit live mullet can be used but the current is often too fast. i have been using got-cha plugs for the first time off a jetty this past season and they work for bluefish (but you have to master retrieving them back in a darting manner that can avoid being snagged to the rocks). got-cha plugs and spoons(krocs or hopkins) can outfish baits when the bluefish are cruising for food and baitfish are around.
pm me for more info and year round fishing there.
PM was sent. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts