Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, long time no see..glad to see that everyone seems to have made out ok by surviving the storm..Get this - i was actually scheduled to go fishin in Kill Devil Hills from Sept 19-22nd, but the hurricane messed up those plans, so we rescheduled for Oct. 3-6th, and get this - One of the only standing piers on the OBX (THE AVALON PIER - which is where i planned to fish) is open and would be less than a block away from where we were going to stay, but with my luck, my mom canceled that and i am now screwed out of some of the best speckled trout runs in several years, and the best fishing all year on the outer banks. So i said to myself, there's no way im missing out on the puppy drum and stripers this year! so what is my plan?! I plan to come down to va beach this weekend to fish on saturday (STRIPER SEASON!!!)..either on lynnhaven pier or out on a headboat...Do any of you guys have an up to date report of how both Lynnhaven Pier and the headboats have been doing? I'd really appreciate it a lot, cause lately with school ive pretty fish deprived, and I really need to catch my first puppy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Lynnhaven Pier catching some Speck Trout in the morning - the other day they really caught a bunch.

Stripers have been caught, but all the fish biting have been basicly slow for the last 4 days. Spots have come in but they come and go pretty quick it seems.

Drums....haven't seen one in a while. I think with the cold weather and increased wind the bite will pick up as this week goes on. Good luck bro.

Head boats - call around to some of them. Just do a search on yahoo for VA Beach and Headboats and you should find most of thier numbers. You might want to ask on the boating board too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts