Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Unless your fishing for Tog most people do not fish T&B rigs . The Stripers are there as well as some Shad .. The Bluefish seem to have left the area except for a stray here and there .
What were you fishing for ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was driving by so I thought I give it a try. I did see everyone else using lures of some sort. Seems like a great place to fish.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yeppers, a great place. I'll tell you how good it is. My Fall routine is to have my wife drop me off at the Inlet. Hand her enough money to spend time at the Outlet Stores on Rt 1 just North of there and PRAY she hits every traffic light as she travels back South to come and pick me up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
the current is so strong in IRI you could use a 2/b claw anchor on your t&b rig and still not hold bottom. Fishing lures is the way to go. If you want to bait fish a three way or long liner rig is the way to go. Fish eels, cut bait strips and let them drift with the current.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fishforever do you have any digrams of the rigs you are talking about. i think i know but im just not to sure on you lingo. any help would be great.

gillmen

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea i witnessed it first hand- my top/bottom rig with a solid 6 oz pyramid just went down with the current/ the current is very strong/ would a gotcha plug there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts