Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So whats the result? How was the fishing? Who won the pool?
Give me some details...:)

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Some tog, flounder, seabass, sandies, blacktips, skates, snapper blues and another good time. Don't believe any fishtales, but know one tog was a keeper, and I personally committed the biggest no-no of my all too young career, needed to give him one more run.:(

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean you had a nice one on and you lost him:eek: Where the seabass keepers? Glad it was a good time. I wish I could have gone.:(

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Seabass, no keeper, my big one was what I figure to be 5' - 6' blacktip, had him in the wash, after a couple of runs, and a walk down the beach, figured he was done, pulled and reeled in, and he decided as Monty Python once said "I ain't dead yet", and another run and snap. But I got a look at him, and beaching the fish would have been icing on the cake. Probably what would have been my biggest surf catch yet, aye, but only hook-up and "rookie" error. No beach, no catch, but he had some fight which I thank him for.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice did anyone get any stripers? Who won the fish pool?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Only striper I saw was someone cleaning one at the station, as for the pool?????????? I left a 5:30 and as far as I know Lake caught the only keeper tog and Murph probably had the biggest blue.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Close up of Shaggy in Action!

shaggy said:
..."I ain't dead yet", ...
Look at Shaggy in acton! This fish was tiring him out yet he stood with it as Murfman and I scrambled to take in our rods. This fish was going South in a hurry!

Sandcrab

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice pic! Is that pic at 3r's? That is the smoothest surf I think I have ever seen there. Looks like it was a nice day. Stupid duty.:mad:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I am guessing it was a success then huh? Hey Hat when we having that PLO cleanup?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Heay Sandcrab, my daughters liked the pic, but for Hat to believe something was really on the other end, some rod bend action in the pic would be more supportive. Overall had a good time with all.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah I heard Hat didn't catch nothing!:eek: :p

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Check your PM's

Shaggy,

Check your PM's.

Shaggy - I was there and know the "real deal". ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Word Up,

Hat did catch, black sea bass, tog and black tips as did most of us. No keepers for me but all put up a good fight. All were successfully landed and releasted to be caught another day.

The moral of this non fish tale is, you had to be there to catch anything at all, and how was your Sunday? Thanks to all who attended. It was another successful P&S production. :D....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
IRI Lost & Found

Would the owner of this 1960's reproduction item please report to management in a public post to claim his property.:eek:....The Management, thank you

Other lost items

1 set of rain gear- returned
1 pair of camo gloves- returned
1 set of korkers- returned
1 16" Tog- cleaned...errr, I mean Lakeside you for got your fish in my cooler.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Damnit, always leaving my booze someplace where I'm not.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hee Hee. My sunday was terrible. But after a litlle nap I just took I feel pretty good. In a couple hours I will be in heaven:eek: Bass Pro Shops here I come!:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hat -

I figured you could use that for at least one or two more lawn cuttings:D

I would give out the following awards:

Murphman - biggest variety of smallest fish caught.
Happy - Most unique method of loosing a fish
Shaggy - best 'cross line' day I ever saw
Cat - calmest tog feeder I ever met (also lightest on his feet)
Rugger - most unique method of imbibing alcohol. (Maybe less consumption would improve memory)
Hat - Dual awards - Most Consistent Snag Locater and Best Line Snapper of the Day (If you could have actually nailed one of those boats in the channel you could have had a triple)
Sandcrab - Most Dedicated - starting at 3:30 (AM) and fishing till 5:00 PM with a clean up in the middle.

I'm sure there are more that could be given, but I stayed by the rail most of the day and missed the surf action. It was a great day of fishing and I really enjoyed meeting up with a number of people I only 'read' about.

Looking forward to the next occasion that will bring us together again.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like Catman and Hat80 were practicing for the charter we have this coming weekend.:p You guys can just hand over your money now if you want.:D Hee Hee!

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
He He He He,

The only thing we are handing over to you my friend are some Barf Bags! Thats right the word is out. :barf:. Did you read Jakes post? He's got a point. Were all going to be on you like stink on...well you know. We saw the Grizzly over the weekend, not a very big boat for the seas we were in Sat, Blow baby blow!....LOL

1 - 20 of 39 Posts