Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Rooster tails work pretty well when I've tried it. The Berkley Power Bait made for trout used to work extremely well when I was a kid, but I'm not even sure they make it still.

·
Registered
916 Posts
When they stocked NW River, Id use the power bait with a split shot about 8" up the line just to keep it off the bottom a little. Worked well for the most part, just not very exciting

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Go to petsmart... get some superworms.
tiny gold salmon egg hooks like size 14 set under a float about 4 feet . with a 1/16 oz split shot about a foot above the worm..
thats Money right there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wow thanks- i stopped by lake accotink after work last night- a couple of guys caught huge rainbows but its pretty much dried up- the guys told me its good the first three days but then its fished out so I wil try lake fairfax on monday

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also at lake accotink the trout are released into a very small stream area so its basically a slaughterfest- cast and catch type of deal but at lake fairfax its realeased into a 18 acre lake- will these methods still work in a larger body of water?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Sweet corn. On a double drooper. Usually the top hook that gets them. At the Lakes in richmond it's a one rod limit, so be careful of baiting and casting at the same time.
Wish I knew what the pellets they feed the trout look like.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sweet corn. On a double drooper. Usually the top hook that gets them. At the Lakes in richmond it's a one rod limit, so be careful of baiting and casting at the same time.
Designated Stocked Trout Waters
"Designated stocked trout waters" include those waters that are stocked with harvestable-sized trout and are listed by the Director in the annual Trout Stocking Plan (PDF). These waters will only be considered designated stocked trout waters from October 1 through June 15 (trout license required). A trout license is not required from June 16 through September 30. Trout angling hours on designated stocked trout waters are from 5:00 a.m. until one hour after sunset. See exceptions for Trout Heritage Waters (below), Urban Program Waters (below) and Pay-As-You-Go Trout Fishing. Designated stocked trout waters are posted by the Department with appropriate "stocked trout waters" signs.

It is unlawful to fish in designated stocked trout waters after the daily creel limit of trout has been obtained or during the closed hours for taking trout. Once a trout is taken into possession by placing in the creel (basket, bucket, stringer, cooler, etc.) it becomes part of the daily creel limit and may not be released (culled). It is unlawful to feed, bait or snag trout in designated stocked trout waters. It shall be unlawful for any person fishing in designated stocked trout waters to use more than one rod, one line, and one baited hook (a treble hook is considered one hook); however, any combination of artificial lures is allowed. It shall be unlawful to use seines and nets in designated stocked waters, except that a hand-landing net to land fish legally hooked may be used in all waters. :eek:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Berkeley Powerbait makes a "stock trout food pellet" flavor. Used to do great on it if you hit em within a day or two of stocking.

It looks like little dogfood kibbles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.