Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Remedial Group, was formed at the first seminar put on by the Capital Longcasters. Once a member hits 600 feet in a tournament he is replaced with a new member. Sort of like mneudo (the group that kicked you out when you hit a certain age). The graduate keeps his membership in the group forever. Since one of our members (Ralph aka Sir Backcaster) hit 600 feet plus in a tournament we had an opening. It was then that jedi was allowed to join. The purpose of the group, is to help casters that are hitting below 400 feet. As all of the original member were. It is our way of giving back. We are striving to return the knowledge that was shown to us. So, if you are currently a 500 feet or better caster you can not join, you are not remedial. You are welcome to come and fellowship and learn as we continue our quest.
No, you do not have to be a tournament caster. There is also no age limitations on joining the group. Hopefully come October we will have room for two new members.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
perspective member

Now we have two perspective members (Gordon and Salt). Tony throws too far so he is over qualified. I hope that no one is sand bagging. We have enough people at the tournaments doing that.

·
Registered
797 Posts
bookem dano...

aero, who are you mcgarret of hawai five-0 ? you authoritarian so and so.
gordo and saltman, as prespective members, welcome to my world. you will find like me, the sooner you graduate the sooner you will feel emancipated.

:p

sir backcaster

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pick wisely

Salt,

Listen to John Daly err Ralph if you like, he represents the dark side. He to will soon be in the witness protection plan like his buddy R** Yar****. He thinks that he is the acting director. I knew something was wrong when my pager started blowing up.

·
Registered
797 Posts
aero, as predicted roy's been spotted hangin with anna nicole smith. and by the way i never got the memo on the perspective members. where is g. gordon liddy when you need him?

salt, fear not with the help of the Captial Longcasters there is not doubt your perspective candidate status will change to a full remedial member. once you attend a clinic aka "the salt mines" the goal becomes 600'. you are an army of one.

sir backcaster

·
Registered
797 Posts
pohn daly....

john daly:mad:

·
Registered
904 Posts
Remedial group

Ralph been to the clinic Aug 9 and 10. To be fair and not get my self in some hot water...I shall remain as Sweden, nutural and as previously stated,,,,have no asperations for leadership or a coup.....LOL salt shaker

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Salt,

When I spoke to Ralph today I never let him know that you had attended a seminar. You see an acting director acts and a real director directs. LOL. :cool:
Ralph, I see now, if you want something done you must do it yourself (light sabre blazing). I will dispose of R** Yarm**** and Morgan aka "The short legged dog" myself. I thought I saw that fool sippin a latte during the power outage down on 42 street. I wonder if he was behind the backup on the beltway or the backup on 50 east near the bay bridge? I couldn't go fishing today, because the traffic was crazy. :mad:
Ralph the wind was at my back and a few were long and straight. As someone once said, "the big ones are always hit when the wind is blowing".

·
Registered
904 Posts
Remedial group

I don't know here I may be in over my head...LOL Gotta get me a score card or something.....Gonna get that Nomad that Neil had ....may be I will be able to hit that 600....hope in my life time lol....peace salt

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not before me

Salt,

If you hit 600 before I do, you know that means LOL. Don't be like your buddy John Daly err Ralph.

·
Registered
223 Posts
The Grassy Knoll

Mighty suspicious, the massive traffic backup delaying a pleasant fishing outing, and Ralph nowhere in sight today....

Then again, Anthony, we seem to have lost track of you too.

Hmmm. The plot thickens.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Has Ralph turned him?

I was out of touch? Jedi, the JMT (Jedi mind trick) only works on the weak ones. I received a call just as I was leaving. The call informed me that route 50 was not moving. Once it started, traffic was going 5 mph.
Trust me, with blood worms being as expensive as they are. I was coming to join you guys. Chita aka the Brain showed up at 5:00pm. She is definetly the slowest Chita that I've ever met.
How did you guys make out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hell hath no fury

Like an unrecognized female Remedial Group prospect...

:cool:

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bill,

We've been on the road, we were in Delaware. We also have been to Crisfield. Sometimes we move as a well organized unit. Other times we move as individuals. You have a road trip in mind?
I'll run it pass them and see how they feel about it. As you can see, some members are rather unruly.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Liked Kenilworth a lot

Practice at Kenilworth was really nice. That's a great location.

Thanks to all for all the help and the loaners.... I'm inching up on Goal One.

Looking forward to getting out there again.

It was interesting putting theory to use yesterday for my first time fishing since the clinics. It took a few throws getting used to the new techniques, but once I started adapting, the casts just "felt better".

·
Registered
797 Posts
aero aka john the baptist

my princess, i can not believe how aero has neglected you. off with his head. i, for one, automatically inducted you into the remdial group although you are a natural queen for the darkside.

salt, thanks for not being too hard on me. as you can see i was misinformed [ i attended the following week]. i look forward to serving with you.

jedi, real fisherman fish and are not discouraged by minor obstacles. psuedo fisherman are intimidated by a little traffic. nuff said.

billr, stop your complaining, the show is free. see ya soon bud.

aero, roy sends his regards. he has been playing golf with 'john daly' and anna nicole. john, anna, nicole and i don't need no stinkin tiger. i sorry to say morgan is in a califonia prision. it seems he mistook a woman wearing a black wet suit for a seal and made a quick meal of her legs. go figure.

sir backcaster

1 - 20 of 60 Posts