Pier and Surf Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From the Obpa calender I won a Custom Wrapped 13 ft All star rod...However Not being much of a drum fisher, I wanted to trade for a decent Pompano, Trout and Maybe Spanish combo.....I got a Saros 4000f reel and a Sea Striker Beach Runner 8ft rod...I know I prob could have kept the rod and re- sold it, but then I would have to deal with shipping a 13 ft rod.....Just got it in and like the way this combo feels , at least in the living room...so how did I do? :beer:

·
Registered
904 Posts
If you already got the combo, too late now, like locking the barn after the horse is stolen. Should have asked for opinions before ya done the deal.... you like what you got, ? thats all that matters, your using it, not us....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I see that shipping and insurance was included in the price of the deal, I dont think I should have to pay the $25 for that... Or I guess the credit shouldnt involve that......

·
Registered
636 Posts
They should have at least traded you AllStar for AllStar.
Sea Striker is an ok budget line of rod.... I have an 11' surf spinner Beach Runner that I like but it's not expensive.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
A custom rod usually runs about $300+. I did a search on the net and the best I can come up with is the combo you got runs about $150.

I would say it was a bad decision on your part, not that you got a bad deal.Sorry JMO.

·
Registered
199 Posts
you live and you learn. sence you did not pay for it, so you realy did not get burned. if what you got know fits your needs then fish on:fishing: next time just ask because there is plenty of people on this site that will give you there two cents, because i still got a lot to learn about all the differnt rods ot there:rolleyes:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have a 1264 rainshadow custom wraped at the old fishsticks4u and daiwa 4000bri full of suffix braid If you renig.It will bomb 2OZ and less
Is that the old blank, made in the sates, what color, and would you just sell the rod, any pics.

Just my 2 cents, but whoever you traded with, could have been a little more fair in the trade. And this 1264 does make a fine two oz. stick for pompano, I'm out if you are interested.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Pompinolover, you won! Period. You contributed to a great cause and won, congratulations. Enjoy the rod and reel you won and put some fish on the beach with it. Forget the nay sayers, you won! OBPA benifited so we all won too. Thank you for participating and supporting the cause. Just my .02

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I have won rods in the past...I'm sure folks on here can attest, but IMHO, what ever deal is done. Lets not focus on if a fair shake or fair deal was or was not provided. Trading a custom rod for a production rod????? C'mon..I may have been born yesterday...but all my custom rods are my favorite rods because they are "custom built" for me!!!! But...that's just me.

Now where does it get complicated? The calender purchaser won. OBPA provided the custom rod, the tackle shop provided the build. All that would have been needed was for the pickup. I would have been happier than a 5 year old on Christmas if I won another custom!!!!

The custom was won. The winner did not want the custom. Arrangements ( the rod winner and tackle shop ) were made for an exchange. Knowledge of whether the trade was for equal or lesser value should have been discussed. That discussion was between the winner and the tackle shop. I would not ask the tackle shop what was a fair trade or not. This is where the winner should have posted on the forums to get his opinions, not after things were said and done.

This issue is not if you got a fair shake or a fair deal. More homework or opinions should have been provided before the trade was made. It is however what you and only you arranged with the the tackle shop for the trade.
You make your bed....and ya sleep on it.

IMHO..if it was me, and I didn't want another custom, I would have either sold the custom before it was put together and used the money to buy what I wanted. Butt length, colors, guides, butt grips can be supplied via 2nd party.

Lets not fault the organizing party. OBPA provided the custom built rod but the winner made the arrangements for the trade. It was a raffle! Chance, luck, juju...call it what you want. Your number came up, you had your chance, your choice was made, the deal done.

End of discussion. Merry Christmas.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.