Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to get out this weekend but unforseen circumstances came up. Wondering how everyone did. Hopefully the bite will still be strong next weekend for me. I've been reading all your posts and I have to say I'm jealous.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried to get out this weekend but unforseen circumstances came up. Wondering how everyone did. Hopefully the bite will still be strong next weekend for me. I've been reading all your posts and I have to say I'm jealous.
Blanked on the Potomac near Colonial Beach/Newburg...shore fishing with live bait, shrimp, crabs, worms.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
It was a tough bite with the cold front blowing through. I managed a lowly 3 perch on bloodworms at St. Clements Island.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reports everyone. Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot. I'm going fishing next weekend come hell or high water. Hopefully I won't have to manage both though. I'm tired of living vicariously through you guys. I need to go get my own. Good luck to everyone in the upcoming week. Tight lines!!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
We'll, OP didn't say "How did everyone do this weekend in MD?". :D:D

Yup, Santa Cruz Warf. BTW, Cali, after more than 20yrs fishing in NOCAL, shore fishing there still SUCKS!!!!:--|
Yeah, gotta jump on the headboat(partyboat) up there and fish LingCod or Rock Cod or something.

Better hurry back Tuna, Big Stripers and Blues are headin back down the coast in the surf here!

Jack smelt everyone, are about worthless. Not good for bait and not good to eat. Caught em in SoCal from the piers too.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Didn't have enough time to drive to salt water so bank fished for bass both Friday and Saturday at Black Hills (little seneca lake) with my son. We had a great couple of afternoons. We each caught over 6 each day with lots of bites. Simple fishing tactics. Weightless magic stick (senko type bait) rigged weedless. Cast, sink to bottom, slow pause and drag retrieve.

Son's biggest (of the weekend and his life). It was a drag puller for sure.

Fish Bass Trout Fishing Recreation

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice looking largemouth. I'm sure your son will remember that forever. My son and I kill largemouth on senko's at a local lake. 2 years ago he got 2 in one day over 20". Still telling his friends about the time he outfished dad. I love to see young people getting some big pullage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice looking largemouth. I'm sure your son will remember that forever. My son and I kill largemouth on senko's at a local lake. 2 years ago he got 2 in one day over 20". Still telling his friends about the time he outfished dad. I love to see young people getting some big pullage.
He will for sure. He's 11 now and has developed intense patience for his age. He'll fish for hours on end with no bites and never complain a single time and never ask to call it quits. When we shore fish on the bay and surf fish at the beach he just sits in his chair within arms reach of a rod and stares at the tip. It's really cool. He has the "one more cast" mentality. Absolutely love it. We spend a ton of time fishing together now. Priceless stuff and many years to go. I've been an addict since as long as I can remember and will continue to fish until someone pries the rod from my cold dead hands. ;)

Fun times fishing lgmouth to bad bigger they get worse they taste in my opinion
Agreed. I do keep 12-14" fish at times. It helps the fishery and good eating. One of the problems with largemouth lakes is hardly anyone keeps them anymore. It's all C&R and that's bad for the populations.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I feel the same way Bob. My grandfather has a picture of me with my first trout at 4yrs. I got my son started around the same age. He's 13 now and he,grandpa, and I still fish together every chance we get. Once you catch the fever. It never goes away. Grandpa is 83 and if I ask him to go fishing with me he's putting on his shoes before I finish the question. Love those trips. Hope I can hang in there with my son that long. Best of luck to you and yours.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts