Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Natural gas well pad here in Pa.? I was hoping to retire in style when all the landsmen were wanting to lease my farm but no good offers 5-6 yrs. ago, I'll probably be underground when the next round of offers start, if they start.
I'm currently working on a crew in West Virginia.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm currently working on a crew in West Virginia.
Any talk of new leases at your co.?, are you with Chespeake? We never had the big companies wanting to lease here in Huntingdon county, Pa. There is a well about 4 miles from my farm that was fracked by all the big Haliburton trucks and is pumping gas, that was about 6 yrs. ago. Company was Pa. General Energy. We have mostly Devonium shale, not Marcellus or Utica.

·
Registered
67 Posts
After a fing cold day like this there is nothing better then a glass of? For me its Jim Beam! I must be getting old this damn cold snap is hitting me right to the bone!

·
Registered
771 Posts
91 in Costa Rica today. Caught a Dolphin around 60 pounds 150 foot off the beach fishing a 3 lb bonito for Roosterfish.. No roosters today but lots of dolphins and bonitos.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Well its still cold here

20190202_134420.jpg

Water falls frozen ...I walked down to the creek for the pic. The waterfalls about 30 foot high

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
91 in Costa Rica today. Caught a Dolphin around 60 pounds 150 foot off the beach fishing a 3 lb bonito for Roosterfish.. No roosters today but lots of dolphins and bonitos.
Good catch Don. Send some of that heat. I saw on the Seaview pier webcam that they did a sand push with dozers this week, all that sand will probably end up down at your end of the island. Have a beer for me in that 91 degree weather.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
After a fing cold day like this there is nothing better then a glass of? For me its Jim Beam! I must be getting old this damn cold snap is hitting me right to the bone!
I believe Jollymon may have some good suggestions for you....

·
Registered
832 Posts
Pop
The falls are on cucumber run the other picture is meadow run about a mile hike between the 2...both end up in the Youghiogheny

B

·
0 Posts
Pop
The falls are on cucumber run the other picture is meadow run about a mile hike between the 2...both end up in the Youghiogheny
I grew up not too far from there. Right at the base of the mountains not far from Smithfield. Living near Vanderbilt now. I can't say I've seen Cucumber Falls frozen before. There's lots of nice places to hike around and fish at Ohiopyle. Spent lots of time in Quebec Run Wild Area and hunting SGL 138 when I was a kid too. Nice pictures!

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've seen them pretty low but never dry. Trout fish them all year long.

Meadow run has "natural water slides" and when they are high I've seen kayaks run the chutes .

·
Registered
771 Posts
Costa Rica is beautiful. We caught 3 Roosterfish in the 20 to 30 pound range. Lots of Mahi. Took my 9 wt fly rod and had a blast with 3 to 4 lb Bonito.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's in the 70s today here in southeastern Virginia. I hope the fat gofer is right. If it stays like this for a bit the tog bite may pick up at the bay bridge.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts