Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Just drove past a sign saying -14 but it's probably some windchill...id guess its actually around 0 ...left my lunch in the truck tonight and it was frozen solid when I went to grab it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had -11degrees Monday Morning, it got up to 7 degrees around 3pm.
I hoped you would report, knew it would be chilly in Michigan! You still planning on going out of the country? Today was Dale's birthday, he would have been 68. Hope you are well.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I was down at Topsail last week doing some emergency repairs.
I was in Sneads Ferry having dinner and drove past Dales place. Hard to believe he's gone.
Yep, We leave for Costa Rica a week from tomorrow. Can not wait to start fishing in warm weather.
We just made reservations for next Nov. for a week in Punta Cana, Its a 4 day music festival with some of my favorite musicians. John Prine and 13 other artist.

Retirement has been very busy so far.

Stay warm.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was down at Topsail last week doing some emergency repairs.
I was in Sneads Ferry having dinner and drove past Dales place. Hard to believe he's gone.
Yep, We leave for Costa Rica a week from tomorrow. Can not wait to start fishing in warm weather.
We just made reservations for next Nov. for a week in Punta Cana, Its a 4 day music festival with some of my favorite musicians. John Prine and 13 other artist.

Retirement has been very busy so far.

Stay warm.
Good to hear all that Don, enjoy yourselves!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like another round of cold for the USA coming. On the brighter side at least we are almost done January.

·
Registered
771 Posts
We are gone to get around 8 inches of snow tomorrow, then temp drops , our high Wednesday is going to be 5 below zero. Wind chills in the 30 to 40 below range. January is going out with a bang.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We are gone to get around 8 inches of snow tomorrow, then temp drops , our high Wednesday is going to be 5 below zero. Wind chills in the 30 to 40 below range. January is going out with a bang.
That's some nasty temps Don, we are supposed to get that same system Tuesday, but 4-6'' of snow and then morning temps below zero but warming up to the single digits by afternoon Wed. and Thursday, woo hoo!! I'm sure Costa Rica couldn't come sooner, will be interested to hear what you catch, good luck, have fun.

B

·
0 Posts
Heading back out on the night shift at the well pad Thursday night. Going down to below zero again. Winter Operations are a headache... Stay warm everyone.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Heading back out on the night shift at the well pad Thursday night. Going down to below zero again. Winter Operations are a headache... Stay warm everyone.
Natural gas well pad here in Pa.? I was hoping to retire in style when all the landsmen were wanting to lease my farm but no good offers 5-6 yrs. ago, I'll probably be underground when the next round of offers start, if they start.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts