Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about an IRI clean up soon;what you think.We always have them in my state how bout Deleware?Any oppinions?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Why not? I'd be willing to give up AI, and see what it is like on that there jetty. Besides, I'm always game for a road trip.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Sounds good

I would be in if we set a good date. Happy you would have to make sure u put us on some fish. I know it ain't all about the fish but every time I have gone to IRI I have gotten skunked:(

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we catch the tides and weather right theres a possibility of good fishing.Lately the weather been sort of scummy so its slacked off a little.But hopefully for us the fishing will be great.You can set the date,but for me Sunday is best because I'm always off that day.:cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Pappy.....I'd like to see a date in early October when I know I'll catch some fish there. I'd probably come for the weekend, stay at the Talbot Inn, fish AI Saturday then up to IRI Sunday for the clean up. That should work for me.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah I am down for that catman. I don't want to take the reins on this one Happy. I vote that sancrab or billr or happy run this one. I mean I will if I have to but am trying to concentrate on the tank one and would be too much for my plate right now. So what ya say sandcrab (the unofficial spokefisherman of IRI):D

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Don't have time to wind my watch..

Since I retired and started the new job in Alexandria, I don't have half the time I need to do anything anymore - much less fishing. And - I still have 200 boxes to unpack in the new house. ;)

Sorry - I decline...but Pappy or BillR could organize the cleanup.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
October 5 would kinda be best for me (Ravens buy game date, season tickets and all), but if the 14 of September needs to be, someone better have a radio or better a television that can get the game (I know probably Eagles fans that neck of the woods, but if I'm willing to make a semi-sacrifice, ao can they) because, Cleveland is coming to town. I'll just use bells and whistles while fishing since I'll probably have at least one eye on the game.

Figure IRI is what two, two and a half hours drive? If so, I'll try to get a Saturday day shift, shoot straight to AI for a spell, find a place to sleep Sat night Sun morning. Might want an earlier start (AM) so I can get home reasonable hour in case they make me work Monday morning.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sorry Pappy, just too much going on in Sept. We've got the other side of the Tank to do in Sept.. Make it in October and I'm in.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bout Sept 21st I want to make it earlier because I think the better fishing is earlier.Any Deleware fishermen out there to give oppinions.Duke of Fluke,Doverpower, or others got any suggestions.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok October 5th it is not to early but not too late in the year.I was hoping to get everything from Flounder(Fluke) to Tog and Stripers all in the same trip,it could work.It seems like thats the best date

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well, I usually hit AI anywhere from beginning to late September (Assateague), and usually hit the Thursday night Friday surf fishing. Boss is pretty accomadating during football season (if I work a screwy shift Saturday I'm off Sunday (my wife thinks I'm an idiot both for my football needs and fishing the beach that time of year), and didn't miss any games be them home or on TV. Last year my best believe it or not was mid-November, caught a 28" striper, red drum (maybe 18" - 20" released to the Gods of the surf) and a few wayward blue. Not real familiar with the inlet thing, but if I can hit the beach from September through March, one thing is for sure (I'm crazy, but it keeps me from going insane)weather don't bother me. Plus, October should still be "fairly" warm.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey pappy,

I would also do a Oct. date. Someone will need to take this by the horns. We'll need to get allot more members onboard. Let us know, I'll support it when it happens.....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Still got my two grills from the Tank, I'm in for October 5, post directions from Assategue (I know go to OC head north but where exactly, and roughly how far)? Do the parks there mind sleeping in vehicles, or should I grab a cheap no-tell-motel?

Heck, look out cocoa, sooner or later we'll be in your neck of the woods. Maryland, Delaware New Jersey next?

Hey Hap, what are the licensing requirements? Need that info too. If need Delaware license, can pick mine up late August on my AI scoping trip. Still learning to "read the surf".

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Pappy...I'm sure you'll get support from the VA, MD, and DC gang but where are the DE folks? Let me know what you want me to do, you've got my support.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Shaggys right,

If we do this clean up, it's all about getting a hotel for me. Who wants to spit a room? I can turn this trip into two or three days if the fish are there.....Tightlines

1 - 20 of 44 Posts