Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some recommendations for nice places for an upcoming family trip (early october).

Would like accomodations on the nicer side (mother-in-law and 8y.o. in tow), with convenient access to the beach for fishing (no 4x4, but we might rent one once there). Cost not really a problem, but maybe try to keep it to not more than around 100. per night.

Prefer to avoid the crowds, and want to see the best the OB has to offer to the degree possible. Considering making this a regular pilgrimage.

One suggestion so far was Avon Cottages.

·
Registered
823 Posts
TOPSAIL ISLAND......... SEA VISTA MOTEL not the outerbanks but is the southern barrier islands. family atmosphere,not a lot of commercial hype. good fishing

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ocracoke is hard to beat

It has everything you're looking for.

I spend September and October in a house on the beach at Corolla. That has become a very good investment, but the area doesn't offer much besides traffic and crouds. And by October, most of the businesses, have pulled in the sidewalks and battened down the hatches for the winter.

That wouldn't be a bad thing, if there was anything else to do. (I mostly lay in the hot tub and read, until the clorine burns my nose raw. But most people will get tired of that pretty quick.)

The further South you go on the OBX, the better it gets.

The Corolla house will always be a "cash cow", but I'm looking for a houseboat, to moor in Ocracoke or around Swan Quarter, for my own use.

For what it's worth.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.