Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

here is the link to my latest video with the hot trout bite in the Kiawah River. One fish after the other all on 1/8 ounce jighead and DOA shad. Fish are caught within two hours just before the low tide ended. You can see in the video when the slack tide is on the bite continues. All keeper fish from 15 inches up to two pounds.

Enjoy and get out soon

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
great to watch, especially since it's 3 degrees here in the mountains of Pa..
poppop 1,
Do you get to fish the Susquehanna or Juniata rivers much. Live in Hummelstown & fish mostly around the Turnpike bridge.
Gonna be an ugly morning tomorrow with the freezing rain.

·
Registered
739 Posts
poppop 1,
Do you get to fish the Susquehanna or Juniata rivers much. Live in Hummelstown & fish mostly around the Turnpike bridge.
My youngest son is known around here as the Musky Man, fishes the Juniata mainly from Mill Creek, Pa. to below Mt. Union, Pa., he lives in Shirleysburg, Pa. He bought me a Pa. senior lifetime fishing license for Christmas so hope to go with him on ''his'' river. We want to start going to Raystown lake for muskies and lake trout, I only live about 7 mile from the lake. My son fished below the TPK bridge once for catfish, he also has caught some large cats from the Juniata. Been down your way often unfortunately going to Hershey hospital for my wife. Yes it is freezing rain now this AM, got to love winter in the mountains of Pa.?? Fished Tybee, Is. and Hilton Head years ago, delivered hay to John's Island, drove around Kiawah Is. one day but did not fish it, love all that area.,...pop.

·
Registered
41 Posts
poppop 1,
When I lived in Hershey I would fish the mouth of the Swatty from the river back to the railroad bridge for big smallies in the winter and early spring. I've caught them up to 5.5 lbs in there, up against the banks, slow fishing big shiners or crayfish imitations for big pre-spawn females and early spring aggressive males. It's actually better during the spring flood when the river rises and backfills the creek to the 441 bridge because it negates the strong current coming down the creek. Big river fish rest up in there and you can really work the entire area, but you have to fish around the spawn no-fishing period which takes up most of that. Also, more than a few muskie can be found in there, but they're hell on smallmouth gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts