Pier and Surf Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Ed--I responded to you guys on the other board (sorry about the delay). Looks like Zeemaps is now charging users. I gave your company all login credentials when the site changed hands--you'd need to log in at Zeemaps in and download all the data points, then recreate it elsewhere on another mapping platform's API. Google recently started requiring a credit card so Bing may be a better option.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hay Admin , Any word? , Some of us are getting old and would like to see you folks resolve something before we die .

·
Administrator
319 Posts
So sorry for the late reply,

The function is still pending on for approval. The price for the hotspot does seem expensive but if we can use it on other sites, there is a possibility of it being approved.
We're being backlogged on this due to cloud and https issues at the moment.

We'll keep you posted

Ed

·
Administrator
319 Posts
Hi there,

Unfortunately, I don't have any news on this yet.
I don't have an ETA as of right now.
I will give you a heads up in this thread once there is.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Administrator
319 Posts
The request to start paying for something that used to be a free service, and paying about $200-350 a year, doesn't appear to have been approved. I haven't gotten a confirmed "No" yet, but I'll see what I can find out

We are probably going to need a new program to use, if anyone know of one

Kevin

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
So that's a soft 'no'? Chow hounds must be hungry for more and more cash flow and a request to keep something running that's been a free service to all of the thousands of members and other visitors that feed that monster ad dollars is just taking $200-350 a year from that cash flow and it's just too much. Boss asked, "people still visiting?" Your reply, "Yessir." Boss turns his back to you and asks you to focus on something else, knowing you'll be able to indefinitely stall the issue on the support thread with no other recourse. Thanks for all your hard work.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
So that's a soft 'no'? Chow hounds must be hungry for more and more cash flow and a request to keep something running that's been a free service to all of the thousands of members and other visitors that feed that monster ad dollars is just taking $200-350 a year from that cash flow and it's just too much. Boss asked, "people still visiting?" Your reply, "Yessir." Boss turns his back to you and asks you to focus on something else, knowing you'll be able to indefinitely stall the issue on the support thread with no other recourse. Thanks for all your hard work.
Exactly what I was thinking too...

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Unfortunately, we're only the middlemen here and can only make the request and not the decision. We'll continue to search for alternatives.

Niall
Well can you pass this up the food chain , A lot of us are not Happy with how this site is being run now compared to before , Pop up's , no more Hotspot map , you must have cut ties with Cafe Press that ran the P&S store what's the deal with that no more hats tee shirts sweat shirt coffee mugs P&S decals So were did that go ?

·
Administrator
319 Posts
according to the old owner, there was stickers that was given out to users who have upgraded their account. he didn't mention anything about merchandise like tee shirts or mugs.
As for the decals, I can send a request up for this but no guarantee.

we're looking for an alternative program for the hotspots in case we can't get that page back up.

Lee

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
according to the old owner, there was stickers that was given out to users who have upgraded their account. he didn't mention anything about merchandise like tee shirts or mugs.
As for the decals, I can send a request up for this but no guarantee.

we're looking for an alternative program for the hotspots in case we can't get that page back up.

Lee
The store was linked to cafe Press , I assume the former owner received a small percentage for anything ordered . See if you can run that by the upper's and see if it smokes .

21 - 40 of 60 Posts