Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So why is it that when you click on Hot Spots you can't use it unless you pay now , It said 100 uses than pay , Will I haven't used it 100 times .

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So VSAdmin got any thing to say on this , 1st. you kicked the P&S store to the curb, Now this , What's next, you going to charge to post ?

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey there,

Not quite sure if that function is working anymore.
I gave our own account the subscription user group but it still says it doesn't work.
I'll confirm with the other mods and admins about this function.

Ed

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dialout , pm sent on your question about the hot spots , also a email because for some reason my pm's don't seem to show in my sent file so not sure if they are sent .

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey there,

I looked into the thread and a mod or admin hasn't gotten back to me yet.
I'll send in a ticket to see if this can be revived on our side.

Case: #3107518

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Often times when our company acquires a site, the mods or admins who were originally on the site will stay on. We try work with the existing admin/mods to try to maintain some of the existing aspects of the site. So basically Ed just wanted to check in with the admin/mod team to see if anyone had any insight about the Hot Spots section. This is not something that is standard across our other sites that we manage so we just wanted to find out more about it and why it is set up as it is.

And just to clarify @1BadF350, we do not make money off the pop ups. They are not something that we actively put on the site, and are a nuisance which is why we ask for members to send us the URLs so that we can have them blocked from the site.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey there,

This is on our end and we're seeing if we can see the cost of upgrading the "hotspot" function at the moment.
Seems like it expired recently, we will keep you posted on whether we can get this back up and running.

Ed

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Hey there,

This is on our end and we're seeing if we can see the cost of upgrading the "hotspot" function at the moment.
Seems like it expired recently, we will keep you posted on whether we can get this back up and running.

Ed
Would you like us to "Pass the Hat" or a "Bake Sale":D , At one time for a fee you could be a Supporter it just got you some more message space but what about stepping it up a bit .
As part of being a Supporter their could be a whole sub forum only accessible by Supporters ,

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey guys,

The maps section isn't run by us, it's run by a company called Zeemaps. They've recently changed their user policy so as of the 1st of April, any unpaid subs have been limited to 100 maps, this is the reason for the sudden change. We're currently looking into new options for the sites needs.

Niall

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey guys,

The maps section isn't run by us, it's run by a company called Zeemaps. They've recently changed their user policy so as of the 1st of April, any unpaid subs have been limited to 100 maps, this is the reason for the sudden change. We're currently looking into new options for the sites needs.

Niall
Why are you looking into New Options , It's simple just reup the subscription ,

·
Administrator
317 Posts
We're seeing if this will be approved on our end at the moment because the company decided to charge users for their services.

We'll keep you posted once we get an update on this.

Ed

1 - 20 of 60 Posts