Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys who has been to Indian River lately and what is the bait of choice also what lures or soft baits are hot right now? I will probably be just north of IR inlet or at 3-r's Just got the seals replaced on my rear axle so I am going to hit the beach .If the report is good for this weekend I am there!Sandy point Stripers are great but I want to do some 4-wheelin and fishin in the surf.Thanks guys! N.Lazaro click herefish pics :rolleyes:

·
Registered
680 Posts
they are starting to get some nice rock.[stripers]. some blues are coming in and herring seems to be the bait. mullet will always work.trout are a mystery. no netters in de. bay, so no to trout.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Bill,

I was told the trout would be in when the dogwoods started to bloom - Looking at the bloom right now - Now where are those dog-goned trout! ;) I looking for the elusive nine pound tiderunner this year. :)

·
Registered
565 Posts
They are here, just not biting. It will start b4 the weekend. I have already hear several reports of sporadic hook and line catches in Jersey, so they are definately around. One more week and it should be in full swing. I will be giving it a try this weekend.

·
Registered
680 Posts
duke. iheard someone say that a couple got some troutin the broadkill. no one else heard or saw any. there are a couple local shops that put in reports to sell bait. it used to be 4-15 was when trout would be here but lately no.
i'll know more tomorrow as i plan on going out tonight. wish me luck. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I caught my first tiderunner of the 2003 season today,a 28 incher fishing out of lewes by the 8b bouy in a place the call the valley.Got it on a storm lure.Sorry my digital camera is broken.....
water temp was 52

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I e-mailed Bills Sport Shop a week ago and they told me the Trout were caught in nets,but not by hook and line yet.The first Weakie could be caught by this weekend;I hope :(

·
Registered
680 Posts
a couple trout were taken last night, also flounder. the water is still not right, but it does look very promising. sandcrab, a 9# trout is rare these days.theyseem to be getting a little better the last couple years. to many people catch small ones and instead of removing the hook gently they yank it out or if its hooked deep they won't cut their line they yank and kill fish. it's sad but they don't want to lose a hook but they don't mind distroying the trout population. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I plan on being down at IRI Sat am to catch the incomming tide. Does anybody know if Oldinlet B&T sells blood worms?
Plan is to do bucktails into the inlet at the incomming tide and then move to 3R's once high tide hits if I haven't hit my limit yet.
What do you all think? :)

·
Registered
680 Posts
i left IRI at around 10 this morning. on a boat we saw 1, on the north side 1, also one blue. there were shad so you can have a ball catching them.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
If you go down to Cape Henlopen minnows and squid is the thing to have,leave your purdue peeler at home.I tried for them Weakies there and they're not biting.There were 2 ladies on the very end on the far right that said they caught Trout a cupple of days ago;they caught some nice Bluefish on mullet while I was down there.And,the flounder are bitting one guy showed me a 19" flounder he caught.He had a total of 4 flatties.They were caught by the water pummping station or shallower.I was fishing my favorite spot up by the pilling field just before the far end.I got skunked purdue peeler and plastics;only a few hits. No fish.Maybe it will turn on after a week or two of warm weather. :confused: :rolleyes: The water temp there I heared was 54F;3 degres too cold :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to everyone for all the good information! I was just informed yesterday that I have to work saturday :mad: .Maybe I will get there in 2 weeks. I have to prep my crew and equipment to go back down to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge project. Maybe I will get to fish the Old Town area or even maybe Fletcher's area. Well thanks again guys!!!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
same story today. three or four rock at IRI. a friend fished there today from7 till two.i trout 22". i fished Cape henlopen pier. i hit no fish. i didn't see any or here of any caught.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts