Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
My wife has a 2008 CRV and I would say its a nice car for bad weather on the road (i.e. snow and ice) since it has AWD. It also gets great gas milage, up to 30 mpg on the hwy. However, I would not take it on the beach. I would not feel comfortable with the ground clearance it has. It would probably be fine on a hard packed beach but not Assateague. The engine seems capable enough and has some pep if you keep the weight down. We have not had to put it in low range so I cannot comment on that.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a Ridgeline. I love this truck, even though it is not made for heavy duty off-roading. It does the job just fine for most of the fishing expectations. It even won its division for the BAJA 2000 contest. It beat out the Toyota comparison vehicle. Granted there is much credit to the driver.

Check out this link and website. All Ridgeline

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1672&highlight=hatteras

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
i have seen plenty of the beach.... I fished in a pilot for a few years and had no problems, even pulled out a few "domestic" vehicles.... it was easily the best driving vehicle on the beach that I have ridden in

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I drove a CR-V for several years from Assateague to Hatteras. Never had any problems. Just get used to wobbling around in wider tire tracks and scraping bottom because there's no clearance.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I drove a CR-V for several years from Assateague to Hatteras. Never had any problems. Just get used to wobbling around in wider tire tracks and scraping bottom because there's no clearance.
was it blue?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.