Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thefisherman.com/index.c...81&ParentCat=19#sthash.FFb1u7AD.iBRxbpY6.dpbs

Four Prince George’s County residents were charged with poaching 33 striped bass in Kent Narrows as a result of an ongoing effort by officers to target illegal fishing hot spots.

Officers conducting surveillance on Nov. 26 noticed several recreational anglers fishing on shore and on boats violating state fishing regulations.

Epifanio Malave, 60, of College Park, received citations for possessing 15 undersized striped bass and possessing 13 striped bass over the daily recreational limit. Most of the fish were able to be released back to state waters.

Juan C. Villeda Sandoval, 36, Mirna Y Majano Villanueva, 33, and Brenda Brisayda Lopez Linares, 25, all of Bladensburg, each received two citations for possessing six undersized striped bass and possessing four striped bass over the daily recreational limit.

With these cases, a dozen people have received citations since Aug. 1 for recreational fishing violations in the Kent Narrows. The charges involved the poaching of a total of 164 striped bass.

“Poaching is not only illegal but also a threat to the sustainability of striped bass,” said Lt. Col. Ken Ziegler Jr., NRP acting superintendent. “We will not tolerate the blatant illegal taking of this resource at the expense of tens of thousands of recreational anglers and watermen who abide by the law.”

In January 2014, Malave was found guilty in Queen Anne’s District Court of possessing undersized striped bass and was fined $125. On these charges, Malave must appear in Queen Anne’s District Court in January. If found guilty, he could be fined as much as $1,000 plus an additional court-imposed penalty of $1,500 for each illegally caught fish.

Sandoval, Villanueva and Linares can avoid a court date by paying pre-set fines of $500, However, if they choose to go to court, they face the same maximum fines and penalties.
- See more at: http://www.thefisherman.com/index.c...81&ParentCat=19#sthash.FFb1u7AD.iBRxbpY6.dpuf
can't say they don't know better either when one has already been busted before.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
If i were to say what Im thinking i would be banned. I like this site and prefer to stay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was there Wed night, Nov 25th fishing under the bridge. DNR did not show up when I left around 12:30 am, but there were 10 guys fishing from the bridge, 4 from the other side which both are illegal. I only saw one undersized rock caught and I assumed bagged. There were at least another 15 folks fishing from the boat ramp to the bridge corner. DNR needs to just set up shop there. Would decrease the amount of poachers who show up to keep baby rocks, so that those who actually follow regulation can fish!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Just look at the last names. You don't have to say anything. Its been on going for years and they're not going to stop. Just think about how many fish they've kept. Like a drunk driver, its not the first time they've driven intoxicated its just that time they got caught.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't see these fish going for sale. I see it more as greed/ taking advantage of the resource and stocking up on as many as they can. maybeeeee selling to their apartment complex but highly doubt they are going to market.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'll say it in a nice way, no cussing. This is a classic example of the Garbage we let into our country, Let stay if it's illeagal . They don't obey the laws in there own country, what makes our dumb communist leaders think they will obey ours. Imagine when complete anarchy takes hold , God forbid. They should be deported for poaching too.:mad:

·
Registered
978 Posts
I'll say it in a nice way, no cussing. This is a classic example of the Garbage we let into our country, Let stay if it's illeagal . They don't obey the laws in there own country, what makes our dumb communist leaders think they will obey ours. Imagine when complete anarchy takes hold , God forbid. They should be deported for poaching too.:mad:
UT OH....here we go. :eek:

This thread could get ugly!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Poachers are poachers despite race or ethnicity. The ones that hurt us the most are the white boaters who over fish an keep thousands of pounds of illegal fish. Some get caught but others roam free. Can't demonize a whole race because of a few who don't follow the law.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Caliyellowtail .who are you to call Gods' people garbage
Most of these folks don't have regulations in their country and are not aware of these regulations that is why we need signs to be installed at all fishing area showing fishing requirements , types and creel limits
I am witness to many Americans violated and abused the fishing laws and if you try to educate them they become rude and violent
Christopher Columbus was really the first garbage and pirate who brought his gang and took away their land , yes these are the same people you now call Latino
Next time koyou see them doing something illegal, find one who understands American English and educate him/her
Trust me they are very receptive and appreciative

·
Registered
47 Posts
Most of these folks don't have regulations in their country and are not aware of these regulations that is why we need signs to be installed at all fishing area showing fishing requirements , types and creel limits
I am witness to many Americans violated and abused the fishing laws and if you try to educate them they become rude and violent
Christopher Columbus was really the first garbage and pirate who brought his gang and took away their land , yes these are the same people you now call Latino
Next time koyou see them doing something illegal, find one who understands American English and educate him/her
You took the words out of my mouth. I was gonna add the same message about these folks maybe not knowing the regulation and that they should have signs in English and Spanish about the creel and size limits. I'm sure most buy the license and think everything that comes out the water is fair game. I'm sure word has gone out about the previous violators, but some sort of sign should be posted in every public access fishing point. It makes it easier for those who follow the law to point out to someone who might be thinking of violating the limits.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
L
Good to see you've changed your attitude.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts