Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going down next week on business. Fortunately that business is a new ocean front hotel project. Have limited time but with the site beach access, I may go surf fishing. Haven't been there in several years but last trip I slayed spots and bluefish in the surf. Anyone got a recent report to share? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
Don't know about down there but the mullet are running good up in the Grand Strand and so all the usual predators could/should be around. Blues, sharks, redfish, trout, weakfish, flounder, etc.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we just turned over a hotel to Hilton at 21st Street after being in Myrtle Beach for 18 months. I had the opportunity to fish there every other week in the surf and inside north around Calabash, Little River and Sunset Beach. Last October was great right in front of the hotel project. I landed a nice bull in the surf one afternoon, taking 30 minutes to put him on the beach because I was only using 17 lb. test line, but fun. Lots of whiting, spots, small sharks and reds. We had a great view from one of our crane booms at 360' in the air. If people could see what we saw in the ocean from up there, they would never go swimming again. Just trying to get a report now on Hilton Head.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts