Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning to head to Avon Saturday morning. What's the likelyhood of serious overwash?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was only going down for a long day Saturday. I cancelled my plan. 40+mph wind is a no go for me. I would expect the beach to be impassable. 12 can be a crap shoot on the tide and length of time the wind hammers.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Id plan another weekend serious blow forecasted for the weekend. Super windy and rainy with big swells not fishable or enjoyable

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention that we will be down for the week. Looking to pass Oregon Inlet around 1:30pm with the tide heading out.

·
Registered
799 Posts
You better be prepared to drive in salt water and not fish .... Good chance highway 12 will be flooded in Avon .... Bad time to visit, terrible time to fish ...

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
What village are staying in? I wouldn't want to risk getting stuck on the island, or ride my truck around in saltwater either.

·
Super Moderator
10,102 Posts
I live in Frisco,and won't get overwash because of wind direction.. Although,I will be trapped between Buxton and dunes before Hatteras Village.. Buxton,Avon,Rodanthe will all have ocean overwash.. Avon will be really nasty near Food Lion,Rodanthe has several spots that get ocean overwash as well.. Like posters have said above,it ain't in the cards this weekend,hate to hear of you loosing your vehicle or worse...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks gents. Don't like driving through salt water either. Will play it by ear and see how things shape up. May drive on down and check it out and if too gnarly, stay in Manteo for the big blow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts