Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Not trying to be a [email protected], but why would you need a hi vis shock leader?

I spool my sloshes with Sufix Tri in the Hi Vis Red and that's the best Hi Vis I've seen (no pun intended). Maybe find that in 50#, 80#, etc and use that as a shock leader.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you are casting on a public field, it's easier to find the breakoffs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Berkey big game solar 50-80lb , if field is very green may be a little hard to find ,if sun burnt and patchey easy to find

·
Registered
262 Posts
Leader

Sufix Supreme Neon Orange.(65lb. & 80lb.) I think it is easier to lay the leader line on when the running line is a different color. Some others use Stren Yellow. :) pelican man.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Suffix in both the Green and red though they are little difficult to see at certain times when the grass is not very green.

Last year in the US I was using 80lb Ultima PowerFlex in Fire Orange - easy to find.

The best of the lot is Mustad's Black Ayaka - jet black and can be seen for at least 25m in any colour of grass - the downside is that we cannot use it. :(

Penn TuffStuff in Fluro Yellow stadn out well.

Led.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Leader !!!

Andy, FIRE ORANGE AND BLACK!!! I have never heard of these. Can you tell me where I can get these. :D Finding the Sufix was not easy.:) Thanks, pelican man.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Larry,

I got my Ultima PowerFlex from Chapmans Sea Angling - 200m (660ft) was £6.99 (buy 2 get 3). They do not have an email address. You could try Southend Angling ([email protected])

The Black Ayaka was supplied to me via a source in Italy, it's not cheap at £15.00 for a 100m (330ft) spool though it has very little stretch and the 0.80 is rated at 100lb.

I hope this helps.

Led.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Leader

Sufix neon orange is in the U.K.(marshtackle.com) They have been very good to do deal with. If you are not sure about something; then send them an e-mail. I have found them to be very prompt.:) Larry.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Larry,

There's a really nice Big Chap who lurks in there.
What he don't know about fishing & casting isn't worth bothering about.
Dave Hughes is helpful too. Great shop in a good corner of the UK.

Led.
;)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Shock leader

Got my suffix from my local bait and tackle guy. Looked it up in his catalog and ordered the red for me.. trutanium ?? xl, are we taking the same stuff??? salt shaker

·
Registered
262 Posts
Leader

From what I remember, when I was looking for this neon Orange and talking to Sufix in N.C.; the Sufix Supreme Hi-Vis Neon Orange shockleader is only available in the U.K. My spool of red tritanium is 20lb. test line; not shockleader. What lb. test is your tritanium? Call your tackle guy and see what he says. Larry.:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Breakaway/Sufix !!!

Hey Bob, I was Breakaway's site and did not see the Sufix shockleader. Do you have to order a catalog? Thanks, Larry.:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Larry
Give Nick a call at Breakaway 1-800-942-7325
415 YDS $19.50 per spool
Thanks Conn. I've been ordering the BG solar from Ryan but Bass Pro is close by.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts