Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received some nice hand tied hi lo rigs in the mail from stripersurf.com..these things are real nice..quality knots and terminal tackle..according to the site they are tied to order, you can even order 3 packs with different sized hooks..you pay a little..but I don't like tying my own hi lo rigs..and some of the store bought items around here and in lower Delaware lack the quality that I like. At any rate, I am ready for the Striper Run.bring it on!!!!!!!:)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Murph, I'll tie'em for ya'. Can't stand to idea of someone paying for a couple knots.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I tied some my own.

Not to difficult, I just followed their diagram.

I think next time I tie some am going to shorten up the overall length. 50" seem a bite too long.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Orest, you use 50''. I'm using 36" and was thinking of going longer myself. Do you feel 50 is too long because of the tangeling from the surf action?

Hope you're still into the Stripers where you are.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I haven't tried them from the surf yet. I have only used them from a pier and them seem to be a little difficult to throw.

That may be, because I use the modified off the ground method and it just seems to long. Maybe I should try to throw it starting on the ground.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Oh I get you. Here in Jersey we do mostly surf fishing from the beach and the jettys ( what's left of them). So thre wash can do a real number on you even with the swivels. I like the idea of keeping the hooks as far away as I can but I don't want to get carried away ya know. The last time I was on a pier I think was about 10 years ago and I was using a clark spoon set up the locals showed me when the cocktail ( 2#) blues were hitting spearing . It lasted about 1/2 hour. I was on vacation so I gave what I had to the locals.
thanks for your reoly

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah, those pre-tied rigs from that outfit are a little pricey. Learn to tie them yourself, you can customize them as you wish. They're not that hard to tie- if I can tie them, anyone can.Tie them yourself and use high quality components.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts